vMix is a popular live-streaming app that broadcasters use to create great videos. While there is a learning curve to vMix, you will soon be able to stream professional-looking videos even if you are not an expert. You’ll soon be a pro in vMix if you use their tutorials, including YouTube videos. The vMix program allows you to add multiple input sources to switch between them while streaming. You can add images, videos, and PDF presentations to your stream. To help you get started, here is the vMix tutorial.
Getting Started with vMix
You must first install vMix. There are many ways to do it, depending on the version. The following is a list of options:
- You can choose to install the free 60-day trial version of vMix Pro by going to the company website at https://www.vmix.com/Software/Download.aspx.
- Download the latest version of vMix Social or vMix GT Title Designer or vMix Desktop Capture in one program.
- You can also download the most recent versions and updates for any app you use, which will keep your app running smoothly throughout the month.
You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to download the software. The company’s website provides step-by-step instructions to ensure you download the software correctly every time. After this step, you can live-stream any event.
Now it’s time to get to your settings.
After you have opened vMix, select the input source. Click on the Add input button at the bottom of the screen. After clicking the Add input button, the window will open automatically, and you can begin configuring your camera settings. You will see the following options:
- Frame rate
- Video Format
- Audio device
- Audio input
- Audio format
Each one of these options has a drop-down menu that allows you to choose your options quickly. You’ll need to do the following:
- To configure camera settings, click on the Camera button
- Choose your camera source from the drop-down menu. The input for your camera is recommended to be left at Default.
- Once you reach this option, check the “desired frames-rate” box to enable the Interlaced option. This will make your video stream clearer.
- Choose the video format from the drop-down menu (depending on the source), the audio source and input, and the audio format.
- You’re done configuring the settings. Click the OK button to confirm. If not, the computer will alert you and let you know so you can return to the option you missed.
- Click on the Cancel button to cancel the feature to adjust camera options.
After you have completed all settings, it’s time to adjust your streaming options. This step will be initiated by clicking the Stream button in the middle of your screen at the bottom. At the top of the screen, you will see Streaming Settings. This screen has options such as Profile, Destination URL, Stream Key, and Input Size. Frame Rate, Quality, and Quality are also available. An Add and Delete button in the upper right-hand corner and an Advanced button just below the Stream Key line. You can also see keys at the bottom labeled Save, View Status, Close, and Start.
After you have gotten to know the screen, you can follow these steps:
- Select the profile you want from the drop-down menu.
- Click here to create a new profile.
- You can also click here to delete your profile.
- Select Custom RTMP Server from the drop-down menu.
- Paste the streaming URL from Broadcast Settings and enter the streaming key.
- Click here to open Advanced Settings.
- Enter the desired input size and the streaming frame rate in the following field.
- Select the streaming resolution from the drop-down menu.
- Select the FMLE application from the drop-down menu.
- To stream your channel, click here.
- Click here to see the streaming status at any time.
- Click here to save and close the Streaming Settings Window.
Important Points to Keep in Mind
These configurations are easy to understand and simple, but you might still have problems setting up your stream correctly. Here are some tips to help you if you encounter problems with vMix’s audio or video inputs.
- Click on Add Input and then More. Make sure you have chosen a Camera to enable the camera. Remember that the audio device must be set to None when you select this option.
- Go to Add Input and then More. Select the Audio Input section.
The company behind the vMix app is great at helping you solve any issues you may have while downloading the app and setting up live streaming. These valuable resources can help you overcome any problems you might encounter when streaming is a priority.
Live streaming on YouTube
You can also live-stream on YouTube using vMix. To get started, log into your YouTube account. Next, go straight to Creator Studio. You’ll see options like YouTube Studio Beta Beta, Dashboard, and Video Manager. Click on Creator Studio to access Live Streaming. Click on Live Streaming and then on Events. You will now be configuring your live stream. After that, click on Events, then look for Type. Click on Custom and then on Create Event. The Create Event key can be found in the lower right corner of your screen.
Next, you will need to decide whether to use a Single Use Stream Key or a Reusable one. If you select Single-Use, it will use variable bitrates based on the stream sent directly to YouTube. Reusable will ask you to select the stream’s bitrate range. Once you’ve done this, you will need to search for other encoders so your Encoder can be selected. The stream name value is what you are looking for. Copy it and then click Save Changes in the upper right corner.
Next, focus your attention on vMix and the Streaming Window option. Next, select YouTube Live from the dropdown menu and copy the stream name YouTube has provided directly into the Stream Key field. Next, you can either choose or configure your Stream Quality Settings. Make sure that your bitrate setting is within the YouTube bitrate setting. Click Save and Close to save your YouTube Stream settings.
Once you are ready to stream, click on the Stream button in your vMix browser. Or, you can click on the Stream tab and click on Start. This will automatically send the stream to YouTube Live. You can also add your YouTube settings directly to vMix. To do this, open the Stream window and click on Add. You can now choose a name to your YouTube account.
StudioCoast developed vMix, and it works on Windows-based devices. You can use vMix to switch inputs and record outputs. You can also mix audio and live-stream cameras. Many people compare vMix to OBS. However, vMix has the best overall streaming power. vMix is the clear winner when it comes to power. OBS has some amazing features, but many users think vMix is superior to live streaming.
Conclusion To This vMix tutorial
The right live-streaming software can make a huge difference when streaming live for your YouTube channel, website, or broadcast production company. While some apps can be free, others require a fee. However, the best apps and those that are paid for are not always the best. You will have to decide which one is best for you. However, vMix has many options for professionals and amateurs alike, so there’s one for everyone.
You can find additional instructions and solutions to problems you may encounter when streaming live with the vMix app on YouTube or the vMix website. However, most people find this service extremely easy to use so that they can stream their church services immediately.