Pride is a dangerous trait that can bring destruction into our lives. Proverbs 16:18 tells us, “Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.” When we allow pride to take root in our hearts, it can lead us away from God and His blessings.
James 4:6 warns us, “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” It is important for us, as women, to recognize the dangers of pride and strive to live humbly before God.
Signs Of A Prideful Woman
- Refusing to admit fault or accept criticism: A prideful woman may struggle with acknowledging her mistakes and reject feedback or criticism from others.
- Thinking she is always right: A prideful woman may believe she has all the answers and struggle to be open to other perspectives.
- Being arrogant or haughty: A prideful woman may have an exaggerated sense of self-importance and may display an arrogant or superior attitude towards others.
- Seeking attention and recognition: A prideful woman may constantly seek the spotlight and crave attention and recognition from others.
- Putting herself above others: A prideful woman may prioritize her interests and needs above those of others and may lack empathy towards others.
- Refusing to humble herself or serve others: A prideful woman may resist submitting to or serving others, viewing it beneath her.
The Consequences Of Pride
Pride can have serious consequences in a woman’s life. It can ruin relationships as a prideful woman may struggle with admitting fault or showing humility towards others. This can lead to isolation and a lack of meaningful connections with others.
Pride can also lead to selfishness and a lack of empathy toward others. It can prevent a woman from truly understanding and connecting with the needs and experiences of others.
Additionally, pride can prevent a woman from growing and learning. When prideful, we may reject the idea that we have anything to learn from others and resist growth opportunities.
How To Overcome Pride
- Recognize and confess pride in our lives: The first step in overcoming pride is to recognize when it is present. We should be honest with ourselves and God about our prideful thoughts and actions.
- Seek humility and submit to God’s will: To overcome pride, we must actively seek humility and submit ourselves to God’s will. This means letting go of our agendas and being open to His plans for our lives.
- Practice servant leadership and put others before ourselves: One way to cultivate humility is to practice servant leadership, putting the needs of others before our own.
- Seek accountability and surround ourselves with people who will speak the truth into our lives: It can be helpful to surround ourselves with people who will speak the truth and hold us accountable for our actions. These relationships can help us stay grounded and prevent pride from taking root in our hearts.
Pride is a dangerous trap that can bring destruction into our lives and lead us away from God. However, with God’s help, we can overcome pride and live lives of humility and service.
By recognizing and confessing our pride, seeking humility and submitting to God’s will, practicing servant leadership, and seeking accountability, we can cultivate a heart of humility and honor God with our lives.