Find the Best Guitar Amplifiers for Your Worship Service at Church
It isn’t as simple as finding the best amplifier for your worship service.
Every church and every congregation is different. A Marshall half-stack with an orchestra is not something you would use, just like a Marshall half-stack for worship music by integrity Music with keyboards and horns.
A guitar amp that is right for you will fit your needs. This is why I’ve compiled a list of guitar amps. After reading this article, I hope you can make an informed decision about which amp to buy. Let’s begin by listing amplifier brands you can trust to provide a high-quality guitar amp.
Best Guitar Amp Brands
The order in which I compiled this list is not based on their quality. It’s simply a listing of the top brands that I remember. Each brand has its strengths and weaknesses, and I’m sure there are other great brands I haven’t listed.
- Marshall – Marshall, a British amp manufacturer, is an iconic name in rock music. Every rock and roll has wanted to own a Marshall full-stack.
- Fender – Fender is the most well-known brand in the guitar business. Music legends have used both Fender amplifiers and guitars. A Fender amplifier is a must-have.
- Peavey Peavey is the most well-known brand. Peavey is well-known for producing high-quality amps and sound systems at an affordable prices.
- Vox– Vox, another British amplifier company, is also available. Vox was the amplifier that gave Queen her distinctive sound. It made its way across the Atlantic with bands like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.
- Blackstar It was clear that a group ex-Marshall employees started a company to make effects units and amplifiers. Blackstar is a well-known brand for making powerful, flexible, user-friendly, and durable equipment for musicians.
- Mesa Boogie – Mesa Boogie, an American company, is located in California. Their sound quality and sound are comparable to Marshall or Fender.
- Orange The Orange Music Electronic Company, a well-known amp manufacturer in England, produces equipment that is easily identifiable by its bright orange cabinets and heads. It is also known for its distinctive sound. These amps have been the product of years of research and development. They are extremely powerful, and some people are surprised by their small size.
- Line 6’s reputation is built by its focus on digital technology. Their success in the modeling amp market has earned them a reputation. Line 6 is a popular choice for guitarists who need an amp that can play many different music genres.
- PRS Paul Reed Smith – Paul Reed Smith is a brand that makes guitars and creates its own line of amplifiers. PRS is a popular brand that professional guitarists love.
- Roland Roland is most well-known for its keyboards and synthesizers. However, Roland also makes excellent guitar amplifiers. These amps are loved by those who own them.
Best Overall Guitar Amp 2020
Versatility was the most important factor when deciding the best overall amplifier for a church worship setting. An amplifier that can handle all types of music in church is extremely important to me.
I didn’t care as much about the power of an amplifier because most churches use it to run their instruments.
PRS Paul Reed Smith Sonzera 1×12’’ Combo Amplifier
- 20-Watt combo amplifier
- Short-Bottle 6L6 power tubes
- Grab and Go Combination
- 1×12 Celestin V-type Speaker
- Includes 2-button footswitch with channel gain/clean, reverb off/on, and reverb on/off
Here is my full review of the PRS Sonzera amp.
The Best Guitar Amplifier for Contemporary Worship
Modern worship requires a unique type of amplifier. Vineyard Music influences most contemporary worship music. An amplifier must be able to handle distortion from power chords and lead guitar riffs in modern rock worship songs. It also needs to have clarity that can handle an electric-acoustic guitar. This is the kind of music I’m referring to.
This amp is perfect for churches that worship in this style.
Blackstar IDCORE100 Guitar Amp
- 100 Watt Stereo; 2×10″ Speakers
- 6 Voices – Clean Warm, Clean Bright, Crunch, Super Crunch, OD 1, OD 2
- 12 Stereo Effects Super Wide; Tap Tempo; Polyphonic Octaver
- All new looper features allow unlimited overdubs
- USB Connectivity for professional recording; Includes INSIDER Software & Footswitch
Depending on the type of worship you’re performing, you can choose to use one of the six voices that this amplifier includes.
Here is my full review.
Our top-rated guitar amp for orchestra or big band style worship
The guitarist needs to be able to perform with large orchestras or bands. An amp must be able to produce a clear tone and sound. The guitar isn’t the main instrument. It’s just one of many instruments in the rhythm section. A rock amp is not necessary if your church uses a lot of Integrity music or has an orchestra. This is an example of what I mean by the music I’m referring to.
This is the type you worship in your church. I suggest this amplifier.
Fender 68 Custom Princeton Reverb Amplifier
- Modern tone circuits give modern players more tonal flexibility when using pedals
- A 10” Celestion 30 speaker delivers a rock ‘n roll-inspired flavor.
- Included: Fitted amplifier cover with 2-button footswitch
Our top-rated guitar amp for country hymns or southern gospel
I was first exposed to southern gospel music at the church that my uncle pastored in the 1980s. According to them, it was God’s music. They ruled the rest of the world. I had the privilege of playing with some very talented musicians, some of the most prominent names in country music.
An amplifier that can pick up the fast picking patterns of the guitar is essential if your church sings mainly country-western hymns or southern gospel songs. This video is a similar example.
This amplifier is highly recommended.
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue 40-Watt Guitar Combo Amp
- 40 watts legendary Fender tone
- Amazing clean, overdriven tones and lusciously Fender spring resonance.
- 1X Eminence special-design speaker 12” offers enhanced midrange, filling the stage and projects through even the most dense mix.
Best Tube Guitar Amp
Tube amps are a special creatures all by themselves. They are still very popular, but I don’t know why. People claim they produce a deeper sound and better quality than solid-state amps. It doesn’t really make a difference to me. It is not my responsibility to tell you what you should do. I highly recommend this one if you are looking for a tube amp.
Vox AC30S1 30-Watt Tube Combo
- 30-watt 1×12” All-tube 1-channel Guitar Combo Amplifier, with Digital Reverb Effects Loop
The Best Fender Amp
Since 1979, I’ve been using Fender amps. Fender Bassman was my first amp. Fender makes a variety of amps for guitar, but the Fender 57 Custom Twin is my favorite Fender amp.
Fender ’57 Custom Champ
- Power: 5W (tube). Tubes: One 12AY7, One 12AX7 (preamp); and one 6V6(power amp). Speaker: 1×8 Weber Special Design With Alnico Magnet Cabinet Material: Finger-Joined solid PineCovering/Grille cloth: BassmanHandle : Vintage-Style Leather with Nickel Mounting HardwareKnobs : Protective cover for a chicken-head printer
The Best Guitar Amps for Church by Price
Others are not as impressed with features, sound quality, or music style. These people are usually budget-conscious and want the best bang for their buck. That is what I can relate to. Since 1988, I’ve been involved in pastoral ministry. The project’s cost is something your board or church leaders want to know. Here are my suggestions based on price.
You should understand that prices can change over time. Therefore, the prices I have placed in these price groups may change in the future. These categories aren’t set in stone, and I don’t want to mislead anyone. These categories are only general guidelines.
Best Under 500 Dollars
Blackstar ID Core Beam 20-Watt Amplifier
- Bluetooth playback and portable stereo amplifier
- 6 amp voicings for guitar and built-in effects like delay, reverb and more
- Two 10-watt power amps provide stereo sound with true stereo sound
- 2 x 3” speakers
- Patented ISF tone shaping allows you to capture the sound of British amps or American amps.
Best around 300 Dollars
Peavey Vypyr 2 Guitar Modeling Amp
- 40 Watts
- One 12 Custom voiced modeling speaker
- TransTube patent technology
- Semi-closed back Acoustically ported
- Ten instrument models include Acoustic guitar simulators and Sitar model, Sitar model and 7 String model. Baritone Model, Resonator Model, Electric Violin, Bass Guitar models are also available.
Best around 200 Dollars
Marshall Amplifier Speaker
- 2-channel 1×8’’ Guitar Combo Amplifier With 3-B EQ
- Speaker-emulated Line/Headphone Outs
- Digital Reverb
- Line In
Before I list this amp, let me say that it is not suitable for live performances and that the price range for guitar amps for them should be under $200.00. This price range is for practice amps. Do not go cheap. In the end, you will be glad you paid more for a quality amp.
Okay, enough with the preaching. This is the last amp on my list.
Fender Champion 40 – 40-Watt Electric Guitar Amplifier
- You get all the tonal versatility in one package.
- You can dial in your sound using simple controls like “Voice” or “FX Select,” which are as easy as turning a knob.
Deciding on the Best Guitar Amplifier for Your Church
Here are ten options I’ve provided that may be able to meet your church’s needs. Worship and praise are an integral part of church life. It is crucial to find the best guitar amplifier. I am confident in the choices I made for you. These are all high-quality guitar amplifiers. They are, in my opinion, the best for churches.