This article was syndicated from our sister website Church Technology Superstore.
Our PTZOptics Joystick Controller Review
The PTZOptics Joystick Controller allows you to control PTZ cameras when you are producing video, broadcasting, or live streaming with your video production system. It is designed for the PTZOptics cameras, but it will have some functionality with other brands. You can remotely control multiple PTZ cameras with this joystick.
This joystick is driven by the SONY VISCA Over IP Protocol, so it has eliminated the latency that existed in older joystick controllers. You simply need to connect your cameras to your LAN, and the PTZ joystick can control it. It can access up to six cameras with one button press, and over 100 cameras with a simple process. It is easy to operate, and it can be used by anyone.
What Is the PTZOptics IP Joystick Controller?
The PTZOptics IP Joystick Controller is a low latency IP connected joystick that can control multiple PTZ cameras for your video productions, recordings, broadcasts, or live streams. It has advanced PTZ speed controls, access to an on-screen display menu, focus lock, and more. You can use Power over Internet (PoE) to connect it to your network.
The PTZ joystick is pre-configured so that it is easy for new camera operators to use. It has a simple button layout that helps novices learn how to control remote cameras. The setup can also prevent volunteer camera operators from moving the cameras out of a specified area.
The PTZOptics IP Joystick Controller has the most functionality when paired with PTZOptics cameras. These cameras have the ability to pan, tilt, and zoom with remote operation, which allows for customized angles and shots without needing additional camera operators. The joystick can control up to six cameras.
The joystick is perfect for use with a video production system and allows for easy operation by one person, which benefits many organizations that may not have extra manpower for the production or livestream.
Who Is This Controller Designed for?
The PTZOptics IP Joystick Controller is designed for anyone who uses PTZ cameras to create high-definition recordings, broadcasts, live streams, or videos. It allows easy control of up to six PTZ robotic cameras from one central location. The joystick controller can control over 100 IP connected PTZOptics cameras for more advanced production. It’s PoE feature allows for setup anywhere, and its intuitive design makes it easy to use.
Organizations that live stream or produce recordings may not have extra manpower to operate cameras. They may also rely on volunteers without extensive video production experience to operate the system. This joystick is intuitive and can easily operate up to six cameras from one convenient location.
This joystick is often used in productions for churches. Many churches produce live streams of services for members who are unable to attend in person. This type of system is ideal for churches as the cameras can be mounted in appropriate locations, and one volunteer can run the system using the joystick.
In addition, the joystick can be used in sporting events to catch close-up shots and angles. Educational institutions also use these systems to broadcast for distance learning or for a graduation. Having the ability to control up to six cameras with the quick buttons or over 100 IP connected cameras with this intuitive joystick is extremely beneficial to many different industries.
What Is Included When Purchasing The PTZ Optics Controller?
The PTZOptics IP Joystick Controller comes with the following items:
- Four-axis joystick
- 12V DC power supply
- User manual
The PTZOptics cameras are sold separately, and they connect seamlessly to the system for remote operation by this joystick. The user manual will explain how simple it is to set this joystick up, and in very little time you will be up and running live streams, broadcasts, or any other video production.
Primary Features of the Joystick Controller
The PTZOptics Joystick Controller has many great features, including the following:
- VISCA over IP protocol
- Power over Ethernet (PoE 802.3af)
- Pan, tilt, zoom control
- Auto-search network
- Durable metal housing
- Real-time status display
- Assignable control port
- Pan and tilt speed control
- Compatible with all PTZOptics cameras
- Compatible with VISCA over IP cameras
Questions and Answers People Have About the Controller
- What PTZ cameras is this joystick compatible with?
- This joystick controller was designed for use with PTZOptics cameras, and it works seamlessly with all models. It can work with other VISCA over IP cameras, but its functionality may be limited as it was designed for use with PTZOptics cameras.
- Does this joystick controller need to be plugged in?
- No. You can use the included power adapter and cable to plug it on, but it has PoE (Power over Ethernet) functionality, as do the PTZOptics cameras, so the system can be used anywhere, even when you do not have access to an outlet.
- Can this joystick controller control more than one camera?
- Yes. This joystick controller can control up to six cameras with the quick select keys, but it can control over 100 IP connected PTZOptics cameras. Each camera requires an IP address when you set up the system, but they can all be controlled with this joystick.
- Can I use this joystick controller with different PTZ camera speeds for pan, tilt, and zoom?
- Yes. The joystick controller has a speed button on it that will allow you to choose the speed for pan, tilt, and zoom individually. It also has presets where you can save your preferences.
Our Final Thoughts
The PTZOptics Joystick Controller is an incredible device that makes video production simple and intuitive. It can connect to over 100 PTZOptics cameras for incredible broadcasting, live streaming, and video production capabilities. The joystick has six easy-to-use buttons to control six cameras so that a novice will have no trouble operating it.
The joystick controller has PoE, so it can be used anywhere you need to set up your production system. It can easily control PTZOptics cameras, as it was designed specifically for them. This joystick will be an asset to your video production system.