How to record video with Open Broadcaster Software
It is easy to use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) to record videos. OBS is a wonderful app. Once you understand how it works, you can create beautiful picture-in-picture layouts and introduction videos. You can also use lower thirds to reduce the time spent on post-production. OBS can capture and create live video content with a production feel. This is very similar to a postproduction video.
Live-production software like OBS allows you to create stunning video presentations. It even supports multiple scenes and layouts. OBS can be used on Macs and PCs and the Linux operating system. If you are interested in learning how to record videos with OBS quickly, you can do so by clicking here.
OBS Recording: The First Thing You Need to Do
OBS can be used to record videos for presentations or other purposes. It can also be used with your video editor to capture what’s on the screen. You have other options, but you should use the one you have. OBS will be used to record and other software to edit.
First, download OBS software. This can be done using the following steps.
- You can download the OBS directions from the website at https://obsproject.com/download. OBS is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. Follow the instructions for your operating system.
- You will now see a large, black-and-gray screen with a large black box at the center. You will see the options for Scenes Sources, Mixer, Scene Transitions, and Mixer at the bottom of your screen. This indicates that you are at the Interface screen.
OBS: How to Get Started
To be efficient, OBS relies on a system called Scenes and Sources. These two features work together to make it easy to manage audio, video, or other production assets. After OBS launches, you will notice that OBS has already included a Scene as a default. This Scene is located in the lower left-hand corner of the interface screen. As you look at the screen, it is easy to spot.
Before recording any audio, you will need to add a source within this scene. Select the default Scene; it will be highlighted. Click the + button at the bottom of the panel Labeled Sources. Select Screen Capture for Linux or Display Capture for Mac and Windows once you’ve reached that point. Next, you will see a box. Click OK to close it.
The button will now say Create/Select source at the top. Clicking on Create New below, the OK button on the bottom right-hand corner of the small box will create a new window. You’ll see another pop-up box and click the OK button. Next, click the Settings button at the bottom of the Interface screen.
Once you reach this point, select the Output tab. Make sure to note what information is in the Recording Path field. This information will tell you where to save the video you have recorded. This is an important step. You’ll need to keep track of where your video is from now on to play it as often as you want.
Start the Recording Process
You can start recording the video by clicking on the Start Recording button in the screen’s lower right-hand corner. The Start Recording button will be at the top. Below it, you’ll find three buttons: Settings, Studio Mode, and Exit.
Voila! You’ve just begun recording your video. Once you are done recording, you can press the Stop Recording button to save the video to the earlier selected folder in your settings. As soon as you start recording, the Start Recording button will automatically become the Stop Recording button. This will make it super simple to finish the process and end your video.
Open Broadcaster Software is a great way to record your videos.
OBS makes it easier to record videos than many other software apps. There are many reasons people use OBS to record videos, as well as for other purposes. These perks might convince you that OBS record videos are the right app for you.
- It’s free! This perk is unbeatable, especially considering that other software may cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars per month. This is particularly important for nonprofits and start-up businesses with limited budgets.
- OBS produces professional-looking videos every single time. This is because OBS uses the same tools as expensive apps. You can still get professional-looking videos even if you are a beginner.
- OBS software has many uses, including video editing, gaming, videos for YouTube and Vimeo, vlogging, and better online seminars and meetings.
No matter why you choose it, the OBS app makes it easy to create professional-looking videos. OBS can do much more than other apps, and you don’t have to pay anything to install it. This app is very useful and unique. The website allows you to download the apps for free.
We are grateful that you have read our article about How to Record Video With Open Broadcaster Software.