How to Add the Bible to vMix Streaming Software?
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Adding the Bible to vMix is a great way for churches and ministries to reach more people. It can be difficult, however, because of how many different formats there are. This blog post will show how easy it is to add Bible verses from your sermon into vMix!
Why Incorporate Bible Verses Into Your Church Live Stream?
You would want to add the Bible to your church live stream for many reasons. One of those is so that people watching can follow along and hear the Word as it’s being preached.
Another is so that viewers can search for the text later. Especially in churches with a website, it allows people to look up passages when they get home!
A Final Reason for adding your Bible verses into vMix: Many Churches are trying to reach more people by live-streaming their sermons or services online. This helps church members who cannot attend in person and allows those interested to hear the Gospel of Christ preached.
How To Add Your Bible Verses into vMix Using The vMix Program:
- Open up your sermon notes on a word document or similar program.
- Highlight the verses you want in the live stream
- Open up vMix and go to the Title Editor
- Choose a template to use for the overlay
- Copy the Bible verse you want to use and paste it into the template
- Save that template and repeat the process for each verse you are going to use
Here is a custom template for Bible verses that vMix has created, especially for churches. (link)
To use this template:
1. Copy the file to your computer and unzip it into a new folder.
2. In vMix, go to the Add Input menu and choose the Title option. Select browse for the XAML file extracted in step 1 and then OK.
3. Using the Bible verse, paste it into the Title Editor and close the window.
How To Add Bible Verses To vMix using 3rd Party Software
Another way to add Bible verses to vMix is by using the presentation software that you are using to project the lyrics or sermon notes to your projector or flat-screen TV.
I find this much easier and less time-consuming than using vMix’s title editor.
Here is a list of some third-party programs that can be used to add your Bible verses:
- Proclaim by Faithlife
- Worship Extreme
I use Proclaim, but all these will be used by vMix similarly.
To use 3rd party software, follow these steps.
- Open vMix
- Click Add Input
- Choose NDI/Desktop Capture
- Choose your NDI feed or the screen you need to capture.
- Click OK
Now you will have an input in your program showing the same slides your presentation software is sending. You can use that input for Picture in Picture, Fullscreen in your video, or even lower thirds.
Conclusion – How to Add the Bible to vMix Streaming Software
Adding the Bible to vMix is a great way for churches and ministries to reach more people. It can be difficult, however, because of how many different formats there are. Hopefully, this blog post has helped you to add your Bible verses into vMix quickly and easily!
Now that you have added the verses from your sermon to vMix, here is a great resource for how to set up lower thirds in vMix! (link)
Thank you for reading our article on How to Add the Bible to vMix Streaming Software!