The Bible is a book full of promises from God to his people. These promises serve as a source of encouragement and hope, reminding us that God is faithful and always keeps his word. Throughout the Bible, we see countless examples of God’s love, mercy, and provision for his people, and the promises he makes to them are a testament to his character and his desire to be in relationship with us.
This list of 25 promises from the Bible, taken from the New King James Version, highlights some of the most powerful and reassuring promises that God has made to his people. These promises cover a wide range of topics, from God’s provision for our physical needs to his care for our spiritual well-being. Some of the promises on this list are well-known, while others may be less familiar, but all of them are grounded in the unchanging character of God and offer us a solid foundation on which to build our faith.
Whether we are facing difficult circumstances, struggling with doubt or fear, or simply in need of a reminder of God’s faithfulness, these promises provide us with hope and assurance. As we meditate on these promises and allow them to sink deep into our hearts, we can find the strength and courage we need to face whatever challenges come our way, confident in the knowledge that God is always with us and always working for our good.
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
God’s Promises In The Bible
25 promises of God from the NKJV version of the Bible:
- “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Hebrews 13:5
- “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28
- “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” – Matthew 6:33
- “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
- “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” – 1 John 1:9
- “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” – Psalm 23:1
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
- “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:19
- “He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.” – John 11:25
- “The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.” – Exodus 14:14
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
- “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.” – Matthew 5:6
- “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the Lord. – Isaiah 54:17
- “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.” – Psalm 32:8
- “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
- “But He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.'” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
- “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” – John 14:13
- “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.” – Nahum 1:7
- “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” – 1 Corinthians 15:57
- “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.” – Psalm 34:17
- “He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.” – Philippians 1:6
- “But as it is written: ‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.'” – 1 Corinthians 2:9 24.
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
- “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” – Ephesians 3:20-21
In conclusion, the promises of God found in the Bible provide us with a solid foundation on which to build our faith and face the challenges of life. From the assurance of God’s love and care for us to the promise of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ, these promises offer us hope, comfort, and guidance in every area of life.
As we reflect on these promises and seek to apply them to our lives, we can experience a deeper sense of peace and joy, knowing that our future is secure in God’s hands. We can trust in his goodness and faithfulness, even when our circumstances are difficult or uncertain, and rest in the knowledge that he is always working for our good.
May we hold fast to these promises and allow them to shape our lives, as we seek to love and serve God with all that we are. And may we share these promises with others, offering them hope and encouragement in the midst of their own struggles and challenges. For truly, the promises of God are a light in the darkness, a balm for the weary soul, and a sure and steadfast anchor for our faith.
Share With Your Friends
Get more insights from your Bible study with Logos Bible Software
Get Special Deals On Christian Books With ChurchSource
Search For Christian Books On This Topic On Amazon
Viral Believer has been translated from English into 15 of the world's major languages. Learn More