Life can be filled with troubles, from small everyday struggles to larger and more significant challenges. However, as believers in Jesus Christ, we have the promise that God will deliver us from our troubles.
In this blog post, we will explore what it means for God to deliver us from our troubles and how we can trust in and rely on His power to save.
What Does it Mean for God to Deliver Us from Our Troubles?
The Bible tells us that God is able to deliver us from our troubles. This can mean different things for different people and different situations. For some, it may mean physical healing, for others, it may mean freedom from addiction or oppression. For still others, it may mean provision in times of financial need.
But in all cases, it means that God is able to bring about change and bring us out of difficult circumstances. As it’s written in Psalm 34:17, “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears And delivers them out of all their troubles.”
It is important to understand that deliverance is not always immediate or in the way we expect it. Sometimes, the process of deliverance is long and difficult, and it may require us to go through certain trials and tribulations. But we can be assured that God is with us in the process and that He will ultimately deliver us from our troubles.
As it’s written in Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
How Can We Trust in and Rely on God’s Power to Save?
- Put your trust in God: To trust in and rely on God’s power to save, we must put our trust in Him. This means that we must believe that He is able and willing to deliver us from our troubles. As it’s written in Psalm 56:3, “Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.” Trusting in God also means that we must surrender our troubles to Him and let go of the need to control the outcome. As it’s written in Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”
- Pray and ask for His help: Another way to trust in and rely on God’s power to save is to pray and ask for His help. As we bring our troubles and struggles before Him, we are inviting Him to work in our lives and to bring about change. As Jesus says in Matthew 7:7, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” Prayer is a powerful tool that allows us to connect with God and to receive His guidance and strength.
- Read and meditate on the Word of God: Another way to trust in and rely on God’s power to save is to read and meditate on the Word of God. As we read and meditate on scripture, we are reminded of God’s promises and His power to deliver us. As it’s written in Joshua 1:8, “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Reading and meditating on the Word of God helps us to gain a deeper understanding of who God is and to be reminded of His faithfulness and power.
- Surround yourself with a supportive community: Surrounding ourselves with a supportive community can also help us trust in and rely on God’s power to save. Having people to pray with and to encourage us in our faith can strengthen our trust in God’s ability to deliver us from our troubles. We need people in our lives who can come alongside us and offer us support, love, and encouragement. As it’s written in Ecclesiastes 4:12 “Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” A strong community of believers can help us to stay focused on God and His promises and can encourage us to keep going when the going gets tough.
- Have faith and believe: Lastly, having faith and believing that God can and will deliver us from our troubles is essential. It is important to remember that faith is the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Even when things may not make sense or it may seem impossible, we must have faith and believe that God will deliver us from our troubles. We must believe that He is able to do more than we could ever ask or imagine.
As believers in Jesus Christ, we have the promise that God will deliver us from our troubles. It is important to understand what it means for God to deliver us from our troubles and how we can trust in and rely on His power to save.
By putting our trust in God, praying and asking for His help, reading and meditating on the Word of God, surrounding ourselves with a supportive community, and having faith and believing, we can trust in God’s ability to deliver us from our troubles.
Remember that God is faithful, and He will deliver us in His perfect timing as it’s written in 2 Corinthians 1:10, “He who delivered us from so great a danger of death and will deliver us. He on whom we have set our hope. He will deliver us again.”