The Bible is a source of comfort and hope for many people around the world. The scriptures contain numerous verses that offer solace during difficult times, providing reassurance that God is with us through our struggles. In times of fear, doubt, and uncertainty, turning to the Bible and reading its words can provide a sense of peace and clarity.
In this list, we have compiled 25 comforting Bible verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible. These verses serve as a reminder that we are not alone, and that God’s love and protection are available to us always. From Psalms to the Gospels to Paul’s letters, the verses in this list come from throughout the Bible, demonstrating that the message of comfort is woven throughout the entirety of scripture.
Whether you are going through a difficult time, struggling with anxiety or fear, or simply looking for inspiration, these verses offer hope and comfort. We hope that these words will serve as a reminder that, no matter what life may bring, God’s love is always present and always available to us.
Comforting Bible Verses
Here are 25 comforting Bible verses from the NKJV version of the Bible:
- “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold.” – Psalm 18:2
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” – Psalm 46:1
- “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” – John 14:27
- “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” – Psalm 147:3
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
- “For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.'” – Isaiah 41:13
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.” – Psalm 55:22
- “The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.” – Psalm 34:18
- “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort.” – 2 Corinthians 1:3
- “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.” – Nahum 1:7
- “My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” – Psalm 73:26
- “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
- “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” – Psalm 91:1
- “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” – Psalm 23:1
- “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.” – Psalm 34:17
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:1
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” – Matthew 6:34
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” – Philippians 4:6
- “The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.” – Deuteronomy 33:27 23.
- “The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the works of your hands.” – Psalm 138:8
- “The Lord upholds all who fall, and raises up all who are bowed down.” – Psalm 145:14
- “For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 8:38-39
Finding Comfort In God
In conclusion, the Bible contains a wealth of verses that provide comfort and strength in times of trouble. The 25 verses listed here are just a small sample of the many passages that offer solace and reassurance to those in need. Whether we are facing illness, loss, or simply the challenges of everyday life, the scriptures remind us that God is always with us, offering us love and protection.
It is important to remember that, while the words of the Bible can provide comfort, they are not a substitute for seeking help from others. When we are struggling, it is important to reach out to our friends and family for support, as well as to seek professional help if needed. We can also turn to our communities of faith, where we can find comfort, prayer, and support from others who share our beliefs.
Finally, we must remember that the messages of comfort and hope in the Bible are not just for us individually, but are meant to be shared with others. As we find strength and comfort in these verses, we can share them with those around us who may be struggling. By doing so, we can help to spread hope and positivity in our communities, bringing comfort to those who need it most.