Hey there friends! Are you an athlete looking for some extra strength and motivation? Whether you’re training for a big competition or just trying to improve your performance, it can be tough to push through those last reps or that last mile.
That’s why I want to share with you some of my favorite Bible verses that always remind me of the strength that God provides. In this blog post, I’ll be talking about ten verses from the New King James Version of the Bible that are specifically tailored for athletes. From “Run in such a way that you may obtain the prize” to “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”, these verses offer words of encouragement and motivation that I know you’ll find helpful.
So, whether you’re looking for a little extra push or just need a reminder of the unending love and support of God, keep reading for some uplifting words to hold onto.
Bible Verses About Strength For Athletes
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 – “Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.”
- Isaiah 40:29 – “He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – “And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- 1 Corinthians 9:27 – “But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.”
- 1 Timothy 4:8 – “For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.”
- Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- Psalm 18:32-33 – “It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer, And sets me on my high places.”
- Psalm 27:1 – “The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Ephesians 6:10 – “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.”
- Colossians 3:23-24 – “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.”
And there you have it, friends, 10 Bible verses that remind us of the strength that God provides for athletes. I hope you found these verses as uplifting and motivating as I do. It’s so easy to forget that God is always with us, always providing us with the strength we need to push through the toughest training or competitions.
I know that for me, these verses serve as a reminder that no matter how hard things may seem, I can always turn to God for strength. So, next time you’re feeling like you could use a little extra push or a reminder that God is always with you, just come back to these verses, they will be here waiting for you.
And don’t forget to share these verses with your teammates or friends. You never know who might need a little extra encouragement today. Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you in the next post!