Love is a powerful and transformative force that has been at the center of human existence since the beginning of time. It has been the subject of countless works of art, literature, and music and is revered and celebrated across cultures and religions. The Bible, in particular, has much to say about love and its transformative power, both for the individual and for society as a whole.
In this blog post, we have compiled a list of 25 Bible verses about love, each one a powerful testament to the nature and importance of this transformative emotion. Whether you are looking for inspiration, guidance, or simply a reminder of the power of love, these verses are sure to speak to you and help you understand the true meaning of this essential human experience.
Bible Verses About Love
Here’s a list of 25 Bible verses about love, cited from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible:
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
- John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”
- 1 John 4:8 “God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.”
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 “Let all that you do be done with love.”
- 1 John 3:18 “My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.”
- 1 John 4:19 “We love Him because He first loved us.”
- Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- 1 Peter 4:8 “And above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins.”
- 1 John 4:7 “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”
- Ephesians 5:2 “And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.”
- Romans 13:10 “Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.”
- Matthew 22:37-40 “Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'”
- 1 Corinthians 8:1 “Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.”
- Galatians 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.”
- Colossians 3:14 “And above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.”
- 1 Thessalonians 3:12 “And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all.”
- 1 John 2:10 “He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.”
- 1 John 4:16 “And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.”
- Philippians 1:9 “And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment.”
- John 13:34-35 “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- Proverbs 17:17 “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
- 1 John 5:3 “For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:14 “For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died.”
- Romans 8:35 “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?”
In conclusion, the Bible is a rich source of wisdom and guidance when it comes to the subject of love. From the powerful teachings of Jesus to the beautiful words of the apostles, these 25 Bible verses about love are a testament to the enduring and transformative power of this essential human emotion.
Whether you are seeking guidance in your own life or simply looking for a reminder of the importance of love, these verses are sure to provide inspiration and enlightenment.
So take a moment to reflect on these words, allow them to touch your heart, and never forget the transformative power of love in your own life.