The Bible is filled with references to the power of God, and for good reason. Throughout the Old and New Testaments, we see examples of God’s strength, might, and omnipotence. From the creation of the world to the parting of the Red Sea, and from the resurrection of Jesus to the transformation of Paul, the Bible is replete with stories of God’s power in action.
For many believers, these stories serve as a reminder that no matter what challenges we face, we can trust in God’s strength and sovereignty. Whether we’re dealing with illness, financial difficulties, relationship issues, or anything else, we can draw on the assurance that comes from knowing that God is all-powerful and capable of working miracles in our lives.
This list of 20 Bible verses about God’s power serves as a powerful reminder of this truth. Whether we’re looking for comfort in difficult times, seeking inspiration to face our fears, or simply seeking to deepen our faith, these verses offer a powerful testament to the infinite power and goodness of God.
20 Glorious Bible Verses About God’s Power
- “Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.” – Jeremiah 32:17
- “For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.” – Romans 1:20
- “But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”” – Mark 10:27
- For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” – 1 Corinthians 1:18
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.” – Romans 1:16
- “But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. Also, I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.” – 2 Timothy 4:17
- “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” – Hebrews 4:12
- “For with God nothing will be impossible.” – Luke 1:37
- “For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.” – 1 Corinthians 4:20
- “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,” – Ephesians 3:20
- “For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.” – Psalm 33:9
- “The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”” – Zephaniah 3:17
- “For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.” – Colossians 1:16
- “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.” – Romans 8:11
- “Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.” – Zechariah 4:6
- “For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.” – Colossians 2:9-10
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
- “Who is like You, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, Fearful in praises, doing wonders? Exodus 15:11
- “You are the God who does wonders; You have declared Your strength among the peoples.” – Psalm 77:13
- “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.” – Psalm 84:11
In conclusion, these 20 Bible verses about God’s power serve as a powerful reminder of the infinite might and goodness of our Creator. From the creation of the universe to the resurrection of Jesus, and from the miracles performed by the prophets to the inner workings of our own lives, we can see the evidence of God’s strength and sovereignty all around us.
No matter what challenges we face in life, we can draw on the assurance that comes from knowing that God is all-powerful and capable of working miracles in our lives. By placing our faith in Him and leaning on His strength, we can find the courage and resilience to face any obstacle that comes our way.
Ultimately, these verses remind us that God’s power is not something to be feared or avoided, but rather celebrated and embraced. By placing our trust in Him and surrendering ourselves to His plan, we can experience the fullness of His strength and grace in our lives, and be empowered to make a positive impact in the world around us.