The Bible has much to say about the importance of family. From the very beginning of the book of Genesis, we see God’s intention for family as He created the first family, Adam and Eve. Through the Old and New Testaments, there are many examples of family dynamics, including both good and bad examples, that demonstrate the value of family relationships.
This list includes 25 Bible verses about family that can be used as a guide for individuals and families in building strong relationships with one another. These verses cover a wide range of topics related to family, including the importance of honoring parents, training up children in the way they should go, and the blessings that come from being part of a loving family. Additionally, these verses provide guidance for navigating some of the more difficult aspects of family life, such as dealing with conflict and finding strength through faith in difficult times.
Whether you are looking for wisdom to build stronger relationships with your loved ones, or simply seeking to deepen your understanding of God’s plan for families, this list of 25 Bible verses about family offers a valuable resource to guide and inspire you on your journey.
Bible Verses About Family
Here are 25 Bible verses about family, cited from the New King James Version of the Bible:
- “And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and named him Seth, ‘For God has appointed another seed for me instead of Abel, whom Cain killed.’” – Genesis 4:25
- “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” – Genesis 2:24
- “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.” – Exodus 20:12
- “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.” – Psalm 127:3
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
- “Listen to your father who begot you, and do not despise your mother when she is old.” – Proverbs 23:22
- “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” – Psalm 133:1
- “My son, keep your father’s command, and do not forsake the law of your mother.” – Proverbs 6:20
- “He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord.” – Proverbs 18:22
- “But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” – 1 Timothy 5:8
- “A wise son makes a glad father, but a foolish son is the grief of his mother.” – Proverbs 10:1
- “The righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him.” – Proverbs 20:7
- “An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones.” – Proverbs 12:4
- “Fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.” – Ephesians 6:4
- “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.” – Deuteronomy 6:6-7
- “A man’s gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men.” – Proverbs 18:16
- “But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” – Joshua 24:15
- “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” – Ephesians 6:1
- “Let your father and your mother be glad, and let her who bore you rejoice.” – Proverbs 23:25
- “But Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.'” – Matthew 19:14
- “A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.” – Proverbs 15:13
- “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” – Matthew 18:20
- “But you, But you, be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded!” – 2 Chronicles 15:7
- “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” – Joshua 24:15
- “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” – Acts 16:31
Final Thoughts On The Family
As we conclude this list of 25 Bible verses about family, we are reminded of the importance of valuing and nurturing our family relationships. These verses offer guidance for building and maintaining healthy relationships with our spouses, children, parents, and extended family members. They also remind us of the blessings that come from having strong family ties and the responsibilities that come with being part of a family.
Through these verses, we see that God places a high value on family and calls us to love, honor, and care for our family members. Whether we are experiencing joy and harmony or facing difficult times and conflicts, we can turn to these verses as a source of encouragement and guidance. We are reminded that through faith in God and the power of His love, we can overcome any obstacle and grow in our relationships with our family members.
May we continue to seek wisdom from the Bible and put into practice the principles found in these verses. May our families be a source of joy, comfort, and strength, and may we always remember that we are part of God’s family and are called to love and serve one another as He has loved us.