The Bible is a book that covers a wide range of topics, including life, death, and what happens after we die. Death is a topic that has fascinated people throughout history, and the Bible offers a wealth of information on this subject. The passages in the Bible about death are varied and offer a unique perspective on what happens when we pass away, what comes after, and how we should approach death.
This list of 25 Bible verses about death provides a glimpse into the various perspectives that the Bible offers on this topic. From verses that offer comfort and hope to those who have lost loved ones to verses that remind us of the inevitability of death, the Bible offers a complex and multi-layered perspective on this topic. These verses are taken from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible, which is a modern translation that seeks to capture the beauty and majesty of the King James Version while using more modern language and terminology.
Whether you are a believer or not, the Bible offers a unique perspective on the topic of death that can provide comfort, hope, and inspiration. As you read through these verses, you may find that they offer insight into your own beliefs about death and what comes after.
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Comforting Bible Verses About Death
- “And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.” – Ecclesiastes 12:7
- “For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.” – Romans 14:8
- “So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” – Psalm 90:12
- “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.” – Psalm 116:15
- “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:4
- “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” – Philippians 1:21
- “For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.” – 1 Corinthians 15:21
- “And I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, ‘Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ‘Yes,’ says the Spirit, ‘that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.'” – Revelation 14:13
- “It is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.” – Hebrews 9:27
- “Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice.” – John 5:28
- “And He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” – Revelation 21:4
- “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.'” – John 11:25
- “For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.” – Philippians 1:23
- “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” – Matthew 5:4
- “In the way of righteousness is life, and in its pathway there is no death.” – Proverbs 12:28
- “But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, for He shall receive me.” – Psalm 49:15
- “But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.” – 1 Thessalonians 4:13
- “He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces.” – Isaiah 25:8
- “For the living know that they will die; but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.” – Ecclesiastes 9:5
- “The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” – Job 1:21
- “For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 4:14
- “And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, ‘Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” – Revelation 21:3-4 23.
- “The righteous perishes, and no man takes it to heart; merciful men are taken away, while no one considers that the righteous is taken away from evil.” – Isaiah 57:1
- “For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God.” – Job 19:25-26
- “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.” – 1 Corinthians 15:22
In conclusion, the Bible provides a vast array of verses that deal with the topic of death. These verses offer comfort, hope, and guidance to those who are struggling with the loss of a loved one or grappling with their own mortality. The Bible reminds us that death is an inevitable part of life and that we should be mindful of the way we live our lives so that we may be prepared for what comes after.
As we read through these 25 verses about death, we are reminded of the power of the Bible to offer comfort and wisdom to those who seek it. These verses remind us that even in the face of death, there is hope and that we can find solace in the promises of God. Whether we are believers or not, the Bible offers a unique perspective on the topic of death that can provide insight and inspiration to anyone who is grappling with this difficult topic.
In the end, the Bible teaches us that death is not an end but rather a transition from one state of being to another. As we read these verses, we are reminded that death is a natural part of life and that we should not fear it but rather embrace it as a necessary step in our journey. With the wisdom and guidance offered in the Bible, we can face death with courage, hope, and faith, knowing that the promises of God endure forever.
Share With Your Friends
Get more insights from your Bible study with Logos Bible Software
Get Special Deals On Christian Books With ChurchSource
Search For Christian Books On This Topic On Amazon
Viral Believer has been translated from English into 15 of the world's major languages. Learn More