Children are an important part of society and are often referred to as the future. Their innocence, curiosity, and energy are invaluable traits that we should cherish and protect. The Bible has many verses about children, highlighting their importance in our lives and the need for us to care for them.
In this list, we have compiled 25 Bible verses about children from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible. These verses showcase the value of children in God’s eyes and offer guidance for parents, guardians, and anyone who cares for children. From the importance of training up a child in the way they should go to the value of discipline and love, these verses provide insight into how we can best care for and raise children.
Whether you are a parent, a teacher, a mentor, or simply someone who loves children, this list of Bible verses about children will inspire and guide you. These verses remind us of the blessings that children bring to our lives and the responsibility that comes with nurturing them. Let these verses encourage and challenge you to be a positive influence in the lives of the children around you.
Bible Verses About Children
- “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.” – Psalm 127:3
- “But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”” – Matthew 19:14
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
- “And He took them up in His arms, laid His hands on them, and blessed them.” – Mark 10:16
- “Fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.” – Ephesians 6:4
- “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” – Ephesians 6:1
- “He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young.” – Isaiah 40:11
- “But you, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.” – Psalm 86:15
- “The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him.” – Proverbs 20:7
- “For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, And floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, And My blessing on your offspring.” – Isaiah 44:3
- “And all your children shall be taught by the Lord, And great shall be the peace of your children.” – Isaiah 54:13
- “A wise son makes a glad father, But a foolish son is the grief of his mother.” – Proverbs 10:1
- “But Jesus called them to Him and said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.” – Luke 18:16
- “For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” – Acts 2:39
- “Children’s children are the crown of old men, And the glory of children is their father.” – Proverbs 17:6
- “But as for you, continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,” – 2 Timothy 3:14
- “In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, And His children will have a place of refuge.” – Proverbs 14:26
- “Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.” – Deuteronomy 11:18
- “And he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.” – Malachi 4:6
- “He who spares his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly.” – Proverbs 13:24
- “A wise son heeds his father’s instruction, But a scoffer does not listen.” – Proverbs 13:24
- “Correct your son, and he will give you rest; Yes, he will give delight to your soul.” – Proverbs 29:17
- “And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.” – Ephesians 6:4
- “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.” – Mark 9:42
- “Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you.” – Isaiah 49:15
Watch This Video Filled With Scriptures About Children
In conclusion, the Bible offers numerous insights into the value and importance of children, as well as guidance for parents, guardians, and anyone who cares for children. These 25 verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible showcase the blessings that children bring into our lives and the responsibility that comes with nurturing them. They remind us of the importance of raising children in a way that honors God and instills in them the values of integrity, obedience, and love.
As we reflect on these Bible verses about children, may we be inspired to take action in our communities and families to care for and protect the children around us. Whether it’s through prayer, volunteering, or becoming a foster parent, there are many ways we can make a positive impact on the lives of children. Let us not forget the value of children in our society and work towards creating a world where every child is loved, valued, and protected.
Finally, may we also remember that as we care for children, we are following in the footsteps of our Heavenly Father. Just as He cares for us and desires that we grow in knowledge and love, so too should we care for the children in our lives. Let us continue to seek His wisdom and guidance as we strive to care for the children around us.