Church planting is a challenging and rewarding endeavor that requires a lot of knowledge and preparation. One of the best ways to gain this knowledge is by reading books from experienced church planters. These books can provide valuable insights, strategies, and tips to help you successfully start and grow a new church.
When looking for the best church planting books, there are several critical things to consider. Firstly, it’s essential to choose books written by experienced church planters who have successfully started and grown churches.
Secondly, the books should cover a wide range of topics, including leadership, discipleship, evangelism, and church growth. Finally, the books should be practical and easy to read, with actionable advice that you can implement in your church planting journey.
With so many church planting books available, it can be challenging to know where to start. To help you find the best books, we’ve researched and tested several titles to identify the ones that offer the most valuable insights and strategies.
In this article, we’ll share our top picks for the best church planting books that can help you start and grow a thriving church.
Best Church Planting Books
If you are a church planter or interested in church planting, you know that it can be a challenging and rewarding experience. Whether you are looking to start a new church or grow an existing one, there are many books available that can help you along the way.
We have compiled a list of the best church planting books to help guide you in your journey.
If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide on church planting, Global Church Planting is an excellent resource that provides both biblical principles and practical advice.Pros
- Offers a global perspective on church planting
- Provides practical advice and best practices for multiplication
- Written by experienced church planters with real-world experience
- The book is quite lengthy at 464 pages
- Some readers may find the content to be too academic or theoretical
- May not be the best fit for those looking for a quick and easy read
Global Church Planting is a valuable resource for anyone looking to start or expand a church ministry. The authors provide a wealth of information and insights based on their own experiences and research, making it a valuable tool for both new and experienced church planters.
The book covers a wide range of topics, including the biblical foundations of church planting, strategies for multiplication, and practical advice for overcoming common challenges. The authors also provide case studies and real-life examples that illustrate the principles and best practices outlined in the book.
One of the strengths of Global Church Planting is its global perspective. The authors draw on examples and insights from around the world, making it a valuable resource for those involved in church planting in a variety of contexts.
Looking for a comprehensive guide to church planting? Church Planting by the Book might just be what you need.Pros
- Provides a biblical approach to church planting
- Includes practical insights and tips for church planters
- Easy to read and understand
- May not be suitable for those who prefer a more academic approach
- Some readers may find the book too simplistic
- Not as comprehensive as other church planting books
Church Planting by the Book is a great resource for anyone looking to plant a church. It provides a biblical approach to church planting and includes practical insights and tips for church planters. The book is easy to read and understand, making it accessible to a wide range of readers.
However, some readers may find the book too simplistic and not as comprehensive as other church planting books. Additionally, those who prefer a more academic approach may not find the book to their liking.
Overall, if you’re looking for a practical guide to church planting that is grounded in biblical principles, Church Planting by the Book is definitely worth checking out.
If you’re looking to start a new church, this book is a must-read. It provides practical advice on how to plant a church from scratch and is written by an experienced church planter.Pros
- Provides a clear and concise step-by-step guide on how to plant a church
- Offers real-world examples and case studies of successful church plants
- Written by an experienced church planter with a proven track record of success
- The book is relatively short and may not provide enough detail for some readers
- Some of the advice may be specific to certain denominations or church contexts
- The book assumes that the reader has a basic understanding of theology and church doctrine
Apostolic Church Planting is a great resource for anyone looking to start a new church. It provides practical advice on everything from fundraising to outreach and is written in a clear and easy-to-understand style.
The book also includes real-world examples and case studies of successful church plants, which can be helpful for those looking for inspiration or guidance. However, the book is relatively short and may not provide enough detail for some readers.
Additionally, some of the advice may be specific to certain denominations or church contexts, so readers should keep that in mind. Overall, if you’re looking to start a new church, Apostolic Church Planting is definitely worth checking out.
If you’re looking for a practical, step-by-step guide to church planting that is grounded in Biblical principles, then Church Planting Thresholds is definitely worth considering.Pros
- Offers a clear and concise roadmap for church planters
- Provides practical advice and insights from an experienced church planter
- Emphasizes the importance of a gospel-centered approach to church planting
- May not be as relevant for established churches looking to revitalize their ministry
- Some readers may find the book too focused on the author’s personal experiences and perspectives
- Does not cover every aspect of church planting in great detail
Clint Clifton’s Church Planting Thresholds is a valuable resource for anyone looking to start a new church. The book provides a clear and concise roadmap for church planters, emphasizing the importance of a gospel-centered approach to ministry.
Clifton draws on his own experiences as a church planter to provide practical advice and insights that are grounded in Biblical principles.
The book is divided into seven “thresholds” that church planters must navigate in order to successfully establish a new congregation. These thresholds include things like developing a vision, building a launch team, and establishing a culture of discipleship.
Each threshold is discussed in detail, with practical advice and tips for overcoming common challenges.
One of the strengths of Church Planting Thresholds is its emphasis on the importance of a gospel-centered approach to ministry. Clifton argues that the gospel must be at the center of everything a new church does, from its vision and values to its programs and outreach efforts.
This focus on the gospel is a refreshing departure from some of the more pragmatic approaches to church planting that are popular today.
Overall, Church Planting Thresholds is a valuable resource for anyone looking to start a new church. While it may not be as relevant for established churches looking to revitalize their ministry, it provides a clear and practical roadmap for church planters who are just getting started.
If you’re a pastor’s wife involved in church planting, The Church Planting Wife is an invaluable resource that offers help and hope for your heart.Pros
- The author provides practical advice and guidance on how to navigate the unique challenges of being a church planting wife.
- The book is written from the author’s personal experience, making it relatable and authentic.
- The author emphasizes the importance of relying on God and guarding your heart in the midst of ministry.
- The book may not be as applicable for those not involved in church planting or ministry.
- The author’s personal experience may not resonate with every reader.
- The book is relatively short, at only 208 pages.
The Church Planting Wife provides a wealth of practical advice and encouragement for those involved in church planting. The author, Christine Hoover, writes from her own experience as a church planting wife, offering insights and guidance on how to navigate the unique challenges of this role.
Hoover emphasizes the importance of relying on God and guarding your heart, while also providing practical tips for balancing ministry and family life. While the book may not be as applicable for those not involved in church planting or ministry, it offers valuable insights and encouragement for those who are.
Overall, The Church Planting Wife is a must-read for any pastor’s wife involved in church planting. It offers practical advice, encouragement, and hope for those navigating the unique challenges of this role.
If you’re interested in purchasing The Church Planting Wife, you can find it here.
When choosing the best church planting book, there are several factors to consider. Here are some features to look for:
Consider the author’s credentials and experience in church planting. Look for authors who have successfully planted churches and have a proven track record in ministry. Some well-known authors in this field include Tim Keller, Ed Stetzer, and Thom Rainer.
Look for books that cover a wide range of topics related to church planting, including leadership, evangelism, discipleship, and outreach. The content should be practical and actionable, with real-life examples and case studies that can be applied to your specific context.
Read reviews from other readers to get a sense of the book’s strengths and weaknesses. Look for reviews from people who have experience in church planting and can speak to the book’s relevance and usefulness.
Consider the price of the book and whether it fits within your budget. Keep in mind that investing in quality resources can pay off in the long run, but also be mindful of your financial constraints.
Consider the format of the book, whether it’s a physical book, ebook, or audiobook. Choose a format that works best for your learning style and schedule.
|Credentials and experience in church planting
|Practical and actionable, covers a range of topics
|Read reviews from other readers with experience in church planting
|Consider the cost and your budget
|Choose a format that works best for your learning style and schedule