- What are some things you should consider when buying the NIrV Adventure Bible?
- We chose the NIrV Adventure Bible over others for your 7-year-old because the study guides are so expertly tailored for him/her.
- Likes and Dislikes about the NIrV Adventure Bible:
- Why should you purchase the NIrV Adventure Bible for your 7-year-old?
Finding The Best Bible For A Seven Year Old
Buying a Bible for a kid can be tough. You have to ask yourself, how much can they understand.
We believe that your 7-year-old will love the NIrV Adventure Bible for early readers. NIrV stands for New International Reader’s Version. It includes the complete Bible in the New International Reader’s Version (NIrV) which is written at the third-grade reading level for children just beginning to explore the Bible on their own.
The hardcover edition was first published in 2014 by Zondervan Publishers. I like this Bible for your 7-year-old. Amazon’s synopsis is as follows:
“Ready for Adventure?
The Adventure Bible® for Early Readers guides you on a merry, exciting journey through God’s Word. Along the way, you’ll meet all kinds of people, see all sorts of places, and discover all sorts of things about the Bible. Most importantly, you’ll become closer to your connection with God.
Here’s a fast tour through the features:
- Life in Bible Times – Essays and illustrations describe what life was like in Bible days
- Characters in Bible Times – Articles offer close-up looks at marvelous characters of the Bible
- Let’s Live It! – Activities help you apply biblical truths to their life
- Did You Know? – Facts help you know God’s Word
- Words to Treasure – Great Bible verses to memorize
- Twenty unique pages – Games and other Bible fun, all with a jungle safari motif
- Book introductions, a dictionary, and color charts and maps
Includes the entire New International Reader’s Version (NIrV) which is written at the third-grade reading level for kids just beginning to investigate the Bible on their own.
For the games and activities, visit www.AdventureBible.com.”
How perfectly designed and age-appropriate for your 7-year-old!
What are some things you should consider when buying the NIrV Adventure Bible?
NIrV, Adventure Bible for Early Readers, Full Color Interior
- Consider what format you want for your child. There are three options available in print, and there is a Kindle edition.:
- It is illustrated in full color. This is so necessary for gaining the attention of your 7-year-old. There are lots of worldly books competing for his/her attention, so the full color is crucial.
- The NIrV (New International Reader’s Version) is written at the third-grade reading level for children just beginning to read on their own. How great it is that they will not have to struggle with hard words and difficult grammatical structures while endeavoring to understand the Word of God.
We chose the NIrV Adventure Bible over others for your 7-year-old because the study guides are so expertly tailored for him/her.
The Table of Contents shows what’s inside for your 7-year-old:
- How to use this Bible
- A Word About the New International Readers Version
- The Old Testament
- The New Testament
Study Guides and explanations:
- Famous People of the Bible
- The Ten Commandments for Kids
- Bible Themes
- Famous Old Testament Prophets
- Love Passages for Kids
- Questions Kids Ask
- Famous Children of the Bible
Practical Application of Bible Truths:
- How to Pray
- What is Faith?
- Life of Christ
- Getting to Know Jesus
- How to be a Christian
Indexes for Quick Reference:
- The 12 Disciples
- Subject Index
- Map Index
- Words to Treasure
- Did You Know Index
- Live It Index
- People in Bible Times Index
- Life in Bible Times Index
Additionally, there are 7 Zondervan Full-Color Maps:
- World of the Patriarchs
- Exodus and The Conquest of Canaan
- Land of the 12 Tribes
- Kingdom of David and Solomon
- Jesus’ Ministry
- Paul’s Missionary Travels
- Jerusalem in the Time of Jesus
Likes and Dislikes about the NIrV Adventure Bible:
- 16 full-color pages explain things specifically to children such as the ten commandments
- 1 Corinthians 13’s passage on love is rewritten for better understanding.
- These first 2 are separate pages that are interspersed throughout the Bible; they do not replace the actual passages.
- There are seven pages of full-color maps at the back of the Bible that include The World of the Patriarchs, Exodus, the 12 tribes, Kingdom of David and Solomon, Jesus’ Ministry and a 2-page spread on Paul’s missionary journeys.
- Every book of the Bible begins with a page that discusses where that book happened, who wrote it, etc.
- Parents love it, and they learn from it too.
- The child can follow along with the NIV version. Archaic words and Hebrew names are simplified in the NIrV, but they can be read together.
- There are some devotionals/activities (such as the one pictured in the “Live It!” section under 1 Samuel) that teach character to little ones and in a way that they can understand and apply it.
- Some reviewers said that the print is too small.
- Others did not like that the words of Jesus are not in red.
- One even said that parts of the Word are absent, pages explicitly 1203 – 1266. That is the ending of Matthew, the entire book of Mark, and the first sixteen chapters of Luke.
- It is not written from a Spirit-filled perspective and will not provide knowledge of the spiritual realm that he/she needs.
Why should you purchase the NIrV Adventure Bible for your 7-year-old?
When it is all said and done it is the NIrV Adventure Bible is the best Bible for your 7-year-old.
- The fact that the NIrV is the actual Word of God is fantastic. It can be read alongside the NIV.
- The study guides are written at a third-grade reading level, so your 7-year-old will be very happy that he/she can read it alone. This can go a long way towards your child forming a quiet time with the Lord.
- The maps and color illustrations are stellar and will hold the attention of your 7-year-old.
- Explanations of people and places in the Bible are written clearly.
- “Live It” sections are filled with practical advice on how to live God’s way.
In looking at children’s Bibles in the age range of a 7-year-old, I found not one better than the NIrV Adventure Bible.
I highly recommend it!
Blessings to you all!