In life, we all face moments of uncertainty and difficulty that can cause us to feel weak and afraid. It can be easy to let fear and doubt take over, but the Bible reminds us that we are not alone in these struggles. Throughout scripture, there are many verses that speak to the theme of strength and courage. These verses remind us that God is always with us, providing us with the strength and courage we need to overcome any obstacle.
In this list, we’ve compiled 20 Bible verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) that specifically speak to the themes of strength and courage. These verses provide encouragement and reassurance, reminding us that with God’s strength and guidance, we can face any challenge with confidence and determination.
Whether you’re facing a difficult situation or simply need a reminder of God’s presence and strength in your life, these verses are a valuable resource for inspiration and guidance.
Bible Verses About Strength And Courage
- Joshua 1:9 – “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Isaiah 35:4 – “Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God; He will come and save you.”
- Psalm 27:14 – “Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!”
- Isaiah 41:10 – “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 – “And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”
- Ephesians 6:10 – “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.”
- Proverbs 24:10 – “If you faint in the day of adversity, Your strength is small.”
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 – “Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.”
- Psalm 18:32-33 – “It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.”
- Isaiah 40:29 – “He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
- Psalm 29:11 – “The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace.”
- Isaiah 54:17 – “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord.
- Psalm 28:7 – “The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.”
- Isaiah 43:2 – “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.”
- 2 Chronicles 15:7 – “But you, be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded!”
- Psalm 31:24 – “Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the Lord.
- Romans 8:31 – “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”
- Isaiah 43:5 – “Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, And gather you from the west; I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ And to the south, ‘Do not keep them back!’ Bring My sons from afar, And My daughters from the ends of the earth.”
These verses provide strength and encouragement for us to be courageous in the face of adversity, reminding us that God is always with us and will provide us with the strength and courage we need to overcome any obstacle. They remind us that we are not alone and that no matter the circumstances we find ourselves in, the Lord is our refuge and our strength.
It is important to keep these verses in mind when we are facing difficult situations and to meditate on them regularly so that we may draw strength and courage from them.
In conclusion, these 20 Bible verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) are powerful reminders of God’s strength and courage that He provides to us. They offer encouragement and reassurance in times of uncertainty and difficulty, reminding us that with God’s strength and guidance, we can face any challenge with confidence and determination.
These verses are a valuable resource for anyone seeking inspiration and guidance in their daily life. It is important to not just read these verses but to meditate on them and apply them in our daily lives. By doing so, we will be able to experience the truth and power of God’s strength and courage in our lives.
We hope that these verses have brought you hope and encouragement and that you will continue to turn to the Bible as a source of strength and courage in your life.