“Life can be full of challenges and difficulties, and it can be hard to find the strength and comfort we need to face them. However, the Bible offers a message of hope, comfort, and strength for those who are going through difficult times.
In this article, we will explore 20 Bible verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) that offer encouragement and guidance for those who are in need of strength and comfort. These verses remind us that through our faith in God, we can find the strength to endure the pain and find healing.
Whether you’re facing a difficult situation or just looking for a reminder of hope, these verses are sure to provide comfort and encouragement.”
Bible Verses About Strength And Comfort
- Isaiah 41:10 – “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
- Psalm 23:4 – “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”
- Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – “And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- Isaiah 40:29-31 – “He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.”
- Hebrews 12:12-13 – “Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.”
- Psalm 27:1 – “The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Psalm 46:1-3 – “God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling.”
- Psalm 55:22 – “Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.”
- Isaiah 50:10 – “Who is among you that fears the Lord, That obeys the voice of His servant, That walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon his God.”
- Romans 8:28 – “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
- Psalm 34:18 – “The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 – “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”
- Psalm 147:3 – “He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.”
- Isaiah 61:1-3 – “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to healthe brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn.”
- John 14:27 – “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
- Isaiah 43:2 – “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.”
- Psalm 73:26 – “My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.”
- Psalm 121:1-2 – “I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.”
It’s worth noting that comfort and strength can come in many forms and everyone needs different things to find comfort and strength. These verses are just a small selection of the many passages that offer comfort and inspiration, and they can be a source of hope and guidance for those who are going through difficult times, reminding us that we are never alone and that with God’s help, we can find the strength and comfort we need to face any challenge.
“In conclusion, the Bible is a powerful source of hope and comfort for those who are going through difficult times. The verses discussed in this article serve as a reminder that we are not alone and that through our faith in God, we can find the strength and comfort we need to face any challenge.
It’s important to remember that everyone’s needs and journeys are different, and it’s important to seek professional help if you need it. The message of hope, comfort, and strength that these verses offer can help us to find peace in the midst of our struggles and to remember that with God’s help, we can overcome anything.
We hope that these verses have provided some comfort and guidance for you on your journey.”