Loving your spouse is a central component of a healthy and fulfilling marriage. In the Bible, the concept of love between a husband and wife is explored in many different verses and passages. From the unconditional love of Christ for the church to practical advice for how to love your spouse in everyday life, the Bible is full of wisdom and guidance for how to love your wife. This list of 20 Bible verses about loving your wife provides a foundation for a loving and lasting marriage. Whether you are looking for inspiration, guidance, or simply a reminder of the importance of love in marriage, these verses offer a rich source of wisdom and insight.
One of the key themes that emerge from this list of verses is the importance of putting others first in your relationships, including your spouse. Whether it is through selfless love, serving one another, or esteeming others above yourself, the Bible encourages us to prioritize the needs and happiness of others in our relationships. This can be seen in verses such as Colossians 3:19, where husbands are exhorted not to be bitter towards their wives, or in Galatians 5:13-14, where we are called to serve one another through love.
In addition to emphasizing the importance of putting others first, these Bible verses also offer guidance on how to love your spouse in practical ways. For example, Proverbs 31:10-11 speaks of the trust that should exist between husband and wife, while 1 Corinthians 7:3 emphasizes the importance of physical affection in a marriage. Whether it is through understanding, honor, or physical touch, these verses provide guidance for how to show love in a variety of different ways. With this list of Bible verses about loving your wife, you have a wealth of wisdom and inspiration to draw from as you work to build a strong, loving, and lasting marriage.
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Bible Verses About Loving Your Wife
Here is a list of 20 Bible verses about loving your wife from the New King James Version of the Bible:
- Ephesians 5:25 – “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her.”
- Colossians 3:19 – “Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.”
- 1 Peter 3:7 – “Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.”
- Proverbs 31:10-11 – “An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband trusts in her, And he will have no lack of gain.”
- Song of Solomon 8:6 – “Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 – “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
- Titus 2:4 – “That they [older women] may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children.”
- Genesis 2:24 – “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”
- 1 John 4:7-8 – “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.”
- Romans 12:9-10 – “Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another.”
- 1 Thessalonians 4:9 – “But concerning brotherly love you have no need that I should write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another.”
- John 15:12 – “This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.”
- 1 Corinthians 7:3 – “Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband.”
- Ecclesiastes 9:9 – “Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun.”
- Matthew 22:37-39 – “Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'”
- Galatians 5:13-14 – “For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'”
- 1 John 4:12 – “No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.”
- Philippians 2:3 – “Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.”
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 – “Let all that you do be done with love.”
- Romans 13:8 – “Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.”
In conclusion, the Bible is a powerful resource for those seeking guidance on how to love their spouse. Whether you are looking for practical advice, inspiration, or simply a reminder of the importance of love in marriage, these 20 Bible verses about loving your wife provide a foundation for building a strong and lasting relationship. Through prioritizing the needs and happiness of others, serving one another through love, and showing love in practical ways, these verses offer a roadmap for building a marriage that is centered around love and mutual respect.
As you reflect on these verses, it is important to remember that love is a choice that you make every day. Whether through simple acts of kindness, intentional acts of service, or showing physical affection, your love for your spouse can be demonstrated in many different ways. The key is to make love a priority in your relationship and to seek out opportunities to show your love and affection every day.
In the end, the ultimate goal of these Bible verses about loving your wife is to help you build a relationship that is centered around love and mutual respect. By putting others first, serving one another through love, and showing love in practical ways, you can create a marriage that is strong, lasting, and filled with joy and happiness. So as you navigate the ups and downs of married life, remember these verses and seek to put them into practice in your own relationship. With time and effort, you can build a marriage that is centered around love and built to last.
Share With Your Friends
Get more insights from your Bible study with Logos Bible Software
Get Special Deals On Christian Books With ChurchSource
Search For Christian Books On This Topic On Amazon
Viral Believer has been translated from English into 15 of the world's major languages. Learn More