The Bible is a source of guidance and encouragement for many people, and one of its central themes is the importance of faith. Faith is not just a passive belief, but an active trust in God and His promises. It allows us to live our lives with confidence and hope, even in the face of challenges and difficulties. Keeping faith requires perseverance and determination, and the Bible provides us with many verses to help us stay strong and steadfast in our beliefs.
In this list of 20 Bible verses about keeping the faith, we see the different aspects of faith emphasized, from trusting in God’s wisdom and guidance to having confidence in His love and protection. The verses encourage us to have faith in God even when we can’t see the outcome, and to trust in His promises no matter what we may be facing. We are reminded that faith is not just a mental exercise, but a way of living our lives and that it is through faith that we can experience true peace, hope, and joy.
The verses included in this list are from different books of the Bible and cover a range of topics, from overcoming fear and worry to persevering in the face of trials and tribulations. Whether you are seeking comfort, strength, or direction, these verses offer a powerful reminder of the power of faith and the importance of keeping it in our daily lives. May these verses inspire and encourage you to maintain your faith in God, and to trust in His love and protection always.
Bible Verses About Keeping The Faith
Here is a list of 20 Bible verses about keeping the faith, using the New King James Version:
- Hebrews 11:1 – “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
- Romans 10:17 – “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 – “For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
- 1 Peter 5:7 – “Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.”
- 1 John 5:4 – “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.”
- James 2:17 – “Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.”
- Hebrews 11:6 – “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”
- Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- Matthew 21:22 – “And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
- John 14:27 – “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
- Colossians 2:7 – “Rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
- Isaiah 41:10 – “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
- Ephesians 2:8-9 – “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 – “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.”
- Mark 11:22-24 – “So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.”
- Hebrews 12:2 – “Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
- James 1:6-7 – “But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.”
- 1 Peter 1:7-8 – “That the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory.”
In conclusion, these 20 Bible verses about keeping the faith offer a wealth of wisdom and guidance for anyone seeking to deepen their relationship with God. They provide encouragement for times of difficulty, comfort for times of doubt, and inspiration for times of struggle. Whether we are facing challenges, temptations, or fears, these verses remind us that God is always with us and that our faith in Him is a source of strength and peace.
By reflecting on these verses, we can gain a better understanding of the role that faith plays in our lives, and how it can help us to overcome obstacles and find hope in even the darkest of times. We can also use these verses as a tool to encourage others, reminding them of God’s love, protection, and guidance. By keeping our faith strong, we can live our lives with confidence, joy, and purpose, knowing that God is always with us and that He has a plan for our lives.
In the end, faith is not just a mental exercise, but a way of life, and these Bible verses are a testament to the power and importance of faith. They remind us that no matter what we may face in this life, God is always there and that our faith in Him gives us the strength and courage to overcome anything. May these verses inspire you to deepen your faith, and to trust in God always, no matter what you may be facing.