The journey of faith is one of growth and progress, and the Bible is full of encouragement and guidance for those who seek it. Throughout scripture, there are many verses that speak to the theme of strength and growth. These verses remind us that as we grow in our faith, we will become stronger and more resilient, able to face the challenges and obstacles that come our way.
In this list, we’ve compiled 15 Bible verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) that specifically speak to the themes of strength and growth. These verses offer encouragement and guidance, reminding us that growth and progress is a continuous process and that we should not be satisfied with where we are, but we should always strive for more.
Whether you’re just starting on your spiritual journey or looking to deepen your faith, these verses are a valuable resource for inspiration and guidance.
Bible Verses About Strength And Growth
- Isaiah 40:31 – “But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – “And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- Colossians 2:6-7 – “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.”
- James 1:2-4 – “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”
- Ephesians 4:15 – “but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ”
- 1 Peter 5:10 – “But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.”
- Hebrews 5:14 – “But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.”
- Proverbs 4:18 – “But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 – “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.”
- Philippians 3:12-14 – “Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
- 2 Peter 3:18 – “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.”
- Romans 12:2 – “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
- Psalm 1:3 – “He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.”
- Hebrews 6:1 – “Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God.”
- Isaiah 54:2 – “Enlarge the place of your tent, And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, And strengthen your stakes.”
These verses remind us that growth and progress are a continuous process and that we should not be satisfied with where we are, but we should always strive for more. They also remind us that as we grow in our faith, we will become stronger and more resilient, able to face the challenges and obstacles that come our way.
These verses encourage us to continue to strive for spiritual maturity and to be open to growth and change, knowing that it is through these challenges that we truly grow and become stronger in our faith.
In conclusion, these 15 Bible verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) offer powerful reminders of the importance of growth and progress in our faith journey. They remind us that as we grow in our faith, we will become stronger and more resilient, able to face the challenges and obstacles that come our way.
These verses also encourage us to continue to strive for spiritual maturity and to be open to growth and change, knowing that it is through these challenges that we truly grow and become stronger in our faith. They are valuable resources for anyone seeking inspiration and guidance in their daily life and spiritual journey. It is important to not just read these verses but to meditate on them and apply them in our daily lives. By doing so, we will be able to experience the truth and power of God’s strength and guidance in our lives.
We hope that these verses have brought you hope and encouragement and that you will continue to turn to the Bible as a source of strength and guidance in your spiritual journey.