“In times of struggle and uncertainty, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed and lose sight of our strength and resilience. However, the Bible is full of verses that remind us of the power and perseverance that we can draw from our faith in God.
In this blog post, we’ll be exploring 15 Bible verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) that offer encouragement, hope, and inspiration for overcoming challenges and remaining strong in the face of adversity. From Isaiah to James, these verses remind us that through Christ, we can do all things and find the strength to endure any trial.
Bible Verses About Strength And Perseverance
- Isaiah 41:10 – “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
- Psalm 18:32-34 – “It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer, And sets me on my high places. He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.”
- Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 – “And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
- Isaiah 40:29-31 – “He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.”
- Romans 15:13 – “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- James 1:12 – “Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.”
- Psalm 46:1-3 – “God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling.”
- Psalm 121:2 – “My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.”
- Ephesians 6:10 – “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.”
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 – “Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.”
- Isaiah 12:2 – “Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; ‘For YAH, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.’”
- Psalm 27:14 – “Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!”
- Proverbs 18:10 – “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.”
- Hebrews 12:11-13 – “Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.”
“In conclusion, the Bible is an invaluable source of wisdom and guidance when it comes to finding strength and perseverance in times of hardship. The verses we’ve explored in this post are just a small selection of the many passages that offer comfort and inspiration for those who are facing challenges and struggles.
Whether you’re looking for encouragement, guidance, or simply a reminder of the strength that you have within yourself, these verses offer a powerful reminder of the love and support that is always available to us through our faith in God.
We hope that these verses have provided you with the inspiration and motivation you need to keep going and to remember that you are never alone and that with God’s strength, you can overcome any obstacle.