The Bible is filled with verses about love, and this collection of 15 verses provides a beautiful foundation for a wedding ceremony. Love is one of the most important themes in the Bible, and these verses offer a glimpse into the depth and breadth of God’s love for us, as well as the love we should have for one another. Whether you’re looking for a verse to read during your wedding ceremony, to include in your wedding vows, or to reflect on in your daily life together, these verses about love will provide a source of comfort and inspiration for years to come.
As you begin your journey together as husband and wife, these verses will serve as a reminder of the love that brought you together and the love that will sustain you in the years to come. They provide a timeless message of love and commitment that will endure through the ups and downs of life. Whether you’re reading them together, reciting them in your vows, or simply incorporating them into your daily life, these verses about love will provide a powerful reminder of the love that sustains us all.
By including these verses in your wedding ceremony, you’re not only affirming your commitment to each other, but also to the love that God has for you and the world. These verses serve as a reminder that love is the foundation of a successful and happy marriage. Whether you’re starting a new chapter in your life or simply looking for a source of inspiration, these verses about love will provide a powerful and timeless message of hope and love.
Bible Verses About Love For Weddings
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 – “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
- John 15:12-13 – “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”
- 1 John 4:7-8 – “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.”
- Romans 12:9-10 – “Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another.”
- 1 John 4:19 – “We love Him because He first loved us.”
- Song of Solomon 8:6-7 – “Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for love is as strong as death, jealousy as cruel as the grave; its flames are flames of fire, a most vehement flame. Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it. If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised.”
- Matthew 22:37-40 – “Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
- 1 Peter 4:8 – “And above all things have fervent love for one another, for ‘love will cover a multitude of sins.'”
- Colossians 3:14 – “But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.”
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 – “Let all that you do be done with love.”
- Ephesians 5:25-27 – “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.”
- Galatians 5:22-23 – “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.”
- Proverbs 17:17 – “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.”
- 1 John 3:18 – “My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 – “And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
In conclusion, these 15 Bible verses about love are a testament to the power and importance of love in our lives. Whether you’re just starting your journey together as a married couple or you’re looking for a source of inspiration to carry you through the ups and downs of life, these verses will provide a source of comfort and strength. They remind us that love is patient, kind, and selfless, and that it endures through everything.
As you embark on your journey together, take these verses with you as a reminder of the love that brought you together and the love that will sustain you in the years to come. Incorporate them into your daily life and reflect on their meaning. Allow these verses to guide your actions and your decisions, and to serve as a source of inspiration and comfort in times of need.
In the end, these verses serve as a reminder of the love that exists in the world, and of the love that we are called to embody in our own lives. They provide a powerful and timeless message of hope, love, and commitment that will sustain us all, no matter what life brings our way. So as you start this new chapter in your life together, may these verses about love inspire and guide you every step of the way.