The Bible has many teachings on the importance of peace and harmony in our relationships with others. Throughout its pages, we can find numerous verses that encourage us to seek peace and avoid conflict in our interactions with our fellow human beings. These verses provide guidance on how we can build and maintain positive relationships with those around us and how we can create a more peaceful world.
The idea of peace is a central theme in the Bible, as it is something that God desires for all of His creation. Christians are called to be peacemakers, and the Bible teaches that a peaceful heart and mind can lead to a healthier and more fulfilling life. These teachings on peace can help us to find meaning in our relationships and to seek solutions to conflicts that arise in our daily lives.
This list of 15 Bible verses about keeping peace with others is a valuable resource for anyone seeking guidance on how to build and maintain peaceful relationships with those around them. These verses can inspire us to be more compassionate, understanding, and forgiving towards others and to seek peaceful solutions to the conflicts that we encounter. By following the teachings of the Bible, we can create a more harmonious and peaceful world for ourselves and those around us.
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Bible Verses About Keeping Peace With Others
- “If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.” – Romans 12:18
- “Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.” – Romans 14:19
- “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.” – Matthew 5:9
- “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.” – Colossians 3:15
- “Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.” – 2 Corinthians 13:11
- “For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.” – James 3:16-17
- “A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” – Proverbs 15:1
- “Therefore, if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.” – Matthew 5:23-24
- “Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.” – Philippians 2:3
- “If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; for so you will heap coals of fire on his head, and the Lord will reward you.” – Proverbs 25:21-22
- “So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.” – Romans 14:19
- “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” – Galatians 6:10
- “Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.” – James 3:18
- “And above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
- “Depart from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.” – Psalm 34:14
In conclusion, the Bible offers a wealth of teachings on how we can cultivate and maintain peace with those around us. These teachings emphasize the importance of love, forgiveness, and understanding in our interactions with others, and they provide practical guidance for how we can resolve conflicts and build positive relationships. By following these teachings, we can create a more peaceful and harmonious world, where people can live together with mutual respect and understanding.
The verses on this list are just a small sample of the many teachings on the peace that can be found in the Bible. By studying these teachings and applying them to our lives, we can learn to live in harmony with those around us, and we can become agents of positive change in our communities and in the world. As we work to create a more peaceful and loving world, let us always remember the words of Jesus: “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God” (Matthew 5:9).
In a world that often seems to be filled with division and conflict, the teachings of the Bible on peace offer a message of hope and a vision for a better future. Let us embrace this message and work together to create a world that is characterized by love, kindness, and understanding. As we do so, we can build a better world for ourselves and for future generations, and we can honor the timeless teachings of the Bible on peace and harmony.
Share With Your Friends
Get more insights from your Bible study with Logos Bible Software
Get Special Deals On Christian Books With ChurchSource
Search For Christian Books On This Topic On Amazon
Viral Believer has been translated from English into 15 of the world's major languages. Learn More