Joy is a powerful emotion that can uplift our spirits and fill our hearts with happiness. As Christians, we know that true joy comes from the Lord and that we can experience this joy through our relationship with Him. Throughout the Bible, there are numerous verses that speak about the joy that can be found in the Lord, and these verses serve as a reminder to us of the abundant blessings that come from a life lived in faith.
In this list, we will explore 15 Bible verses about joy in the Lord, as cited from the New King James Version (NKJV). These verses will remind us that our joy comes from our relationship with God and that it is not dependent on our circumstances. Through these verses, we will see that we can experience joy even in times of hardship and that our faith can be a source of great joy in our lives.
As we explore these verses, we will see that joy in the Lord is not only a feeling but a choice that we make every day. We can choose to focus on the blessings that come from our relationship with God and to find joy even in the midst of difficult circumstances. These verses will inspire us to seek joy in the Lord, and to trust in His goodness and love, knowing that He is always with us, and that we can find joy in His presence.
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Bible Verses About Joy In The Lord
15 Bible verses about joy in the Lord, cited from the New King James Version (NKJV):
- “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!” – Philippians 4:4
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.” – Psalm 28:7
- “I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” – Isaiah 61:10
- “For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You have done, I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands.” – Psalm 92:4
- “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.” – John 15:11
- “Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls–yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.” – Habakkuk 3:17-18
- “Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous; and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!” – Psalm 32:11
- “Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.” – John 16:22
- “Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” – Nehemiah 8:10
- “Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph! For the Lord Most High is awesome; He is a great King over all the earth.” – Psalm 47:1-2
- “My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing to You, and my soul, which You have redeemed.” – Psalm 71:23
- “The hope of the righteous will be gladness, but the expectation of the wicked will perish.” – Proverbs 10:28
- “And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.” – Romans 5:3-4
- “For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 14:17
- “And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord; it shall rejoice in His salvation.” – Psalm 35:9
As we come to the end of this list of 15 Bible verses about joy in the Lord, we are reminded that joy is an integral part of the Christian life. These verses show us that joy comes from a deep relationship with God and that it is not dependent on our external circumstances. We are called to choose joy, to rejoice in the Lord always, and to find joy in the midst of difficulties.
Through these verses, we are also reminded that joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit and that it is a gift that God freely gives to His children. As we walk in step with the Spirit, we will experience joy as a natural outgrowth of our faith. And as we share this joy with others, we can be a witness to the transforming power of God in our lives.
May these verses inspire us to seek joy in the Lord, to trust in His goodness and love, and to choose joy every day. And may we continue to be a source of joy and hope to those around us, sharing the good news of the gospel and the joy that comes from knowing Christ.
Share With Your Friends
Get more insights from your Bible study with Logos Bible Software
Get Special Deals On Christian Books With ChurchSource
Search For Christian Books On This Topic On Amazon
Viral Believer has been translated from English into 15 of the world's major languages. Learn More