Hey there friends! Do you feel like you could use a little extra emotional strength today? I know I sure do sometimes. Life can be tough, and it can be easy to get caught up in our own worries and fears. That’s why I want to share with you some of my favorite Bible verses that always remind me of the emotional strength that God provides.
In this blog post, I’ll be talking about 15 verses from the New King James Version of the Bible that always give me the emotional boost I need when I’m feeling down. From “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You” to “A merry heart does good, like medicine”, these verses offer words of comfort and reassurance that I know you’ll find helpful too.
So, whether you’re going through a tough time or just need a reminder of the unending love and support of God, keep reading for some uplifting words to hold onto.
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Bible Verses About Emotional Strength
- Isaiah 26:3 – “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.”
- Psalm 34:17-18 – “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.”
- Proverbs 18:14 – “The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity, But a wounded spirit who can bear?”
- Isaiah 40:29 – “He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.”
- Psalm 61:2 – “From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”
- Psalm 94:19 – “In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.”
- Romans 15:13 – “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.”
- James 1:2-4 – “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – “And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- Psalm 138:3 – “In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul.”
- Isaiah 43:2 – “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.”
- 1 Peter 5:7 – “Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.”
- Philippians 4:7 – “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
- Proverbs 17:22 – “A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.”
And there you have it, friends, 15 Bible verses that remind us of the emotional strength that God provides. I hope you found these verses as uplifting and encouraging as I do.
It’s so easy to forget that God is always with us, always providing us with the emotional strength we need to face whatever comes our way. I know that for me, these verses serve as a reminder that no matter how overwhelmed I may feel, I can always turn to God for emotional strength.
So, next time you feel like you could use a little extra emotional support or a reminder that God is always with you, just come back to these verses. They will be here waiting for you. And don’t forget to share these verses with your friends and family. You never know who might need a little extra emotional encouragement today. Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you in the next post!
Share With Your Friends
Viral Believer has been translated from English into 15 of the world's major languages. Learn More