One of the most central themes of the Christian faith is the concept of salvation, which refers to the act of being rescued from sin and reconciled with God. The Bible teaches that salvation is a gift of God’s grace, meaning that it is not something that can be earned or deserved, but rather it is given freely to those who believe and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. The idea of being saved by grace is a recurring motif throughout the Scriptures, and it is often accompanied by verses that explain what grace is, how it works, and what it means for believers.
The purpose of this list is to highlight 15 Bible verses that specifically address the theme of being saved by grace. These verses provide insight into the nature of God’s grace, the role of faith in receiving salvation, and the transformative power of grace in the life of a believer. By examining these verses, we can deepen our understanding of what it means to be saved by grace, and we can gain a greater appreciation for the gift of salvation that has been freely given to us.
Whether you are a lifelong Christian or someone who is simply curious about the faith, the concept of being saved by grace is a vital and compelling aspect of the Christian worldview. It is my hope that this list of Bible verses will inspire you to reflect on the gift of salvation and deepen your relationship with the God who loves you and offers you grace beyond measure.
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Verses About Being Saved By Grace
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God” – Ephesians 2:8
- “And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.” – Romans 11:6
- “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)” – Ephesians 2:4-5
- “Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all” – Romans 4:16
- “For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace” – Romans 6:14
- “But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness” – Romans 4:5
- “For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ” – John 1:17
- “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.” – 2 Corinthians 8:9
- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” – Ephesians 1:7
- “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” – Romans 5:8
- “And from His fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.” – John 1:16
- “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit” – Titus 3:5
- “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men” – Titus 2:11
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” – Romans 6:23
- “For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.” – Hebrews 10:14
In conclusion, the concept of being saved by grace is a central theme of the Christian faith, and it is beautifully articulated throughout the Scriptures. The verses included in this list demonstrate that God’s grace is a free gift that cannot be earned or deserved and that it is available to all who believe and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. By receiving God’s grace, we are reconciled to Him and are empowered to live a transformed life in a relationship with Him.
As we reflect on the verses included in this list, we are reminded of the magnitude of God’s love and the depth of His mercy. We are encouraged to place our trust in Him and to live our lives in humble gratitude for the gift of salvation that has been freely given to us. May these verses inspire us to deepen our relationship with God, to share His love with others, and to live a life that reflects the transformative power of His grace.
In the end, being saved by grace is not just a theological concept or a set of beliefs but a lived experience that transforms our lives from the inside out. As we embrace the gift of God’s grace, may we be filled with hope, joy, and peace, and may we live each day in the light of His love.
Share With Your Friends
Get more insights from your Bible study with Logos Bible Software
Get Special Deals On Christian Books With ChurchSource
Search For Christian Books On This Topic On Amazon
Viral Believer has been translated from English into 15 of the world's major languages. Learn More