The concept of guardian angels watching over us is a widely-held belief among Christians. The Bible contains numerous references to angels and their role in protecting and guiding God’s people. In times of trouble, it is comforting to know that we have spiritual beings looking out for us and intervening on our behalf.
This list of 15 Bible verses about angels watching over you provides reassurance and hope for those who may be going through difficult times. These verses offer a glimpse into the power and protection of angels, reminding us that we are not alone in our struggles.
From Psalm 91:11’s promise that God will give His angels charge over us to keep us in all our ways to Hebrews 1:14’s assertion that angels are ministering spirits sent forth to help those who will inherit salvation, these verses reveal the extent of the angelic presence in our lives. Through these powerful and uplifting verses, we are reminded that we are always watched over, always loved, and always protected.
Bible Verses About Angels Watching Over You
- Psalm 91:11 – “For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.”
- Matthew 18:10 – “Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.”
- Hebrews 1:14 – “Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?”
- Exodus 23:20 – “Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.”
- Psalm 34:7 – “The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them.”
- Daniel 6:22 – “My God sent His angel and shut the lions’ mouths, so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him; and also, O king, I have done no wrong before you.”
- Acts 12:7 – “Now behold, an angel of the Lord stood by him, and a light shone in the prison; and he struck Peter on the side and raised him up, saying, ‘Arise quickly!’ And his chains fell off his hands.”
- Psalm 35:5-6 – “Let them be like chaff before the wind, and let the angel of the Lord chase them. Let their way be dark and slippery, and let the angel of the Lord pursue them.”
- Psalm 121:5-8 – “The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.”
- Matthew 26:53 – “Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?”
- Acts 27:23-24 – “For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve, saying, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul; you must be brought before Caesar; and indeed, God has granted you all those who sail with you.'”
- Psalm 103:20 – “Bless the Lord, you His angels, who excel in strength, who do His word, heeding the voice of His word.”
- 2 Kings 6:16-17 – “So he answered, ‘Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.’ And Elisha prayed, and said, ‘Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.’ Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.”
- Luke 22:43 – “Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him.”
- Psalm 138:7 – “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the works of Your hands.”
In conclusion, these 15 Bible verses about angels watching over you provide comfort and reassurance to Christians everywhere. They serve as a reminder of the constant presence of guardian angels in our lives, watching over us and protecting us from harm. Whether we are facing difficult times or simply seeking reassurance of God’s love and protection, these verses offer hope and peace.
As we read these verses, we are reminded that we are never alone and that God’s angels are always working behind the scenes to protect us and guide us along our journey. We can take comfort in the knowledge that God’s love and protection are infinite and that nothing can ever separate us from His care.
In times of trouble, we can turn to these verses and find strength, hope, and courage in the knowledge that we are being watched over and protected by the divine beings who surround us. May we always hold fast to this truth and find comfort in the promises of God’s Word.