Angels are supernatural beings that are mentioned numerous times throughout the Bible. In Christianity, angels are believed to be messengers of God who act as intermediaries between Him and humanity. They are often depicted as beings of great power and beauty, with wings and halos, and are usually associated with messages of hope, comfort, and protection.
The idea of angels on earth is particularly intriguing to believers, as it suggests that these heavenly beings can intervene in the physical world to help or protect humans. Some stories in the Bible describe angels appearing to people in various forms, such as as a vision or a physical presence, to deliver important messages or perform miraculous deeds.
This list of 15 Bible verses about angels on earth provides a glimpse into the role of angels in the lives of believers. These verses highlight the various ways in which angels have interacted with humanity throughout history, from protecting individuals in times of danger to delivering messages from God. Through these verses, believers can gain a deeper understanding of the powerful and mysterious world of angels and the important role they play in their faith.
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Bible Verses About Angels On Earth
- Psalm 91:11 – “For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.”
- Hebrews 13:2 – “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.”
- Matthew 18:10 – “Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.”
- Luke 16:22 – “So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.”
- Acts 12:7 – “Now behold, an angel of the Lord stood by him, and a light shone in the prison; and he struck Peter on the side and raised him up, saying, “Arise quickly!” And his chains fell off his hands.”
- Genesis 28:12 – “Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.”
- Daniel 3:28 – “Nebuchadnezzar spoke, saying, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, who sent His Angel and delivered His servants who trusted in Him, and they have frustrated the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they should not serve nor worship any god except their own God!”
- Luke 2:13-14 – “And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”
- Revelation 1:1 – “The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John.”
- Matthew 26:53 – “Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?”
- Acts 10:3-4 – “About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God coming in and saying to him, “Cornelius!” And when he observed him, he was afraid, and said, “What is it, lord?” So he said to him, “Your prayers and your alms have come up for a memorial before God.”
- Luke 22:43 – “Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him.”
- Matthew 13:41 – “The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness.”
- Revelation 14:6 – “Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people—”
- Matthew 28:2-3 – “And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.”
In conclusion, the Bible contains numerous accounts of angels on earth, showcasing their diverse roles as messengers, protectors, and guides for humanity. From the story of Jacob’s ladder to the accounts of angels visiting Mary and the shepherds at the birth of Jesus, these verses offer a glimpse into the mysterious and powerful world of angels. They remind believers that they are not alone in their struggles and that angels are always watching over them, ready to offer comfort and guidance.
Moreover, these verses also highlight the importance of treating others with kindness and hospitality, as some stories suggest that angels can appear in human form and are sometimes disguised as strangers. Therefore, by treating others with love and compassion, believers may unknowingly be entertaining angels without even realizing it.
Overall, the concept of angels on earth is a significant aspect of Christian belief and offers a source of comfort and hope for believers. By understanding and reflecting on these verses, believers can strengthen their faith and develop a deeper appreciation for the powerful and mysterious world of angels.
Share With Your Friends
Get more insights from your Bible study with Logos Bible Software
Get Special Deals On Christian Books With ChurchSource
Search For Christian Books On This Topic On Amazon
Viral Believer has been translated from English into 15 of the world's major languages. Learn More