Building and maintaining healthy relationships can be challenging, but the Bible offers many powerful verses that remind us of the strength and guidance we can find in our relationships with others.
In this blog post, we will explore some of the most powerful Bible verses about strength in relationships and reflect on what they can teach us about finding hope and resilience in our interactions with others.
We will be listing 10 Bible verses that can give us the strength we need when going through hard times in relationships.
Bible Verses About Strength In Relationships
- Proverbs 17:17: “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.”
- Proverbs 18:24: “A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10: “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.”
- John 15:13: “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
- Romans 12:10: “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
- Galatians 5:22-23: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”
- Philippians 2:3: “Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility consider others as more important than yourselves.”
- James 4:11: “Do not speak evil against one another, brothers and sisters. Whoever speaks evil against another or judges another, speaks evil against the law and judges the law.”
- 1 Peter 4:8: “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
These verses from the Bible remind us that in our relationships with others, we can find strength in the love and guidance provided by the Lord. The Bible assures us that through love, patience, kindness, and self-control, we can navigate the challenges of relationships and find the strength to maintain healthy and loving interactions with others.
As we meditate on these verses, may we be reminded of the truth that when we put our trust in the Lord and follow his teachings in our relationships, we can find the strength, guidance, and love we need to build and maintain healthy relationships with others.
It is important to remember that true strength in relationships comes from love, patience, kindness, and self-control and that these values are rooted in the teachings of the Lord. These verses can be a source of hope and inspiration, reminding us that we can always rely on God’s strength and guidance in our relationships and that by following his teachings, we can find the strength and love we need to navigate the challenges that we may face.
It’s important to hold on to these verses and pray for the strength that comes from the Lord in our relationships and to be reminded that by putting God first in our relationships, we can find peace and fulfillment.