The Bible offers many powerful verses that remind us of the strength and resilience that can come from being quiet and still before God. In times of difficulty and challenge, it can be easy to become anxious and overwhelmed, but the Bible encourages us to find strength in being still and trusting in the Lord.
In this blog post, we will explore some of the most powerful Bible verses about quiet strength and reflect on what they can teach us about finding hope and resilience in difficult times. We will be listing 10 Bible verses that can give us the strength we need when going through hard times.
Bible Verses About Quiet Strength
- Psalm 46:10: “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
- Isaiah 30:15: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.”
- Isaiah 40:31: “but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
- Matthew 11:28-29: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
- 1 Corinthians 14:33: “For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.”
- James 1:19: “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.”
- 1 Peter 3:4: “but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.”
- Psalm 131:2: “But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.”
- Psalm 37:7: “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.”
- Isaiah 32:17: “The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.”
These verses from the Bible remind us that in times of difficulty and challenge, we can find strength in being still and trusting in the Lord. The Bible assures us that by being still, we can find peace and quietness, which in turn will bring us strength.
As we meditate on these verses, may we be reminded of the truth that when we are still before God, we can hear His voice and that in that stillness, we can find the guidance, peace, and strength we need to face our challenges.
These verses can be a source of hope and inspiration, reminding us that we can always rely on God’s strength to guide us through difficult times.
It’s important to hold on to these verses and pray for the strength that comes from the Lord. By quieting our souls and waiting patiently for the Lord, we can find the strength, peace, and guidance we need.