Questioning one’s faith is a common experience for many people, and the Bible provides guidance and encouragement for those who may be struggling with doubt. Throughout the Scriptures, we see examples of individuals who doubted or had questions about their faith, yet ultimately found peace and strengthened their belief through their trials. The verses listed below offer hope and wisdom for those who may be facing similar struggles and seeking to deepen their faith. Whether you’re grappling with specific beliefs or simply seeking a stronger understanding of your relationship with God, these verses can provide comfort and direction.
From the father of the demon-possessed boy in Mark 9:24 to Thomas in John 20:25, the Bible is full of examples of people who questioned their faith. The verses in this list demonstrate that it’s normal to have doubts, but also provide guidance on how to overcome them. Romans 8:24 reminds us that hope is not always seen, but it is still there, while James 1:6 encourages us to ask in faith without doubting. These verses also show that faith is a journey, and as we continue to grow in our relationship with God, our faith will become stronger and more meaningful.
Whether you’re just starting your faith journey or have been a believer for many years, it’s normal to have questions and doubts. However, the verses in this list show us that by building ourselves up in faith and seeking guidance from the Holy Spirit, we can deepen our relationship with God and find peace in times of uncertainty. No matter where you are in your faith journey, these Bible verses offer encouragement, wisdom, and hope to those who are questioning their faith.
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Bible Verses About Questioning Faith
- Matthew 11:3 – “And said to Him, “Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?”
- Mark 9:24 – “Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”
- John 20:25 – “The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
- Romans 8:24 – “For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?”
- 1 Corinthians 13:12 – “For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.”
- James 1:6 – “But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.”
- Hebrews 11:1 – “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
- 1 Peter 1:7 – “That the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”
- 2 Peter 1:10 – “Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble.”
- Jude 1:20-21 – “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.”
In conclusion, the verses listed in this article offer comfort, guidance, and encouragement for those who may be questioning their faith. They remind us that doubting is a normal part of the faith journey and provide insight into how to overcome these struggles. Whether we are seeking a deeper understanding of God’s plan or simply trying to make sense of the world around us, these verses offer wisdom and hope.
As we continue on our faith journey, it’s important to remember that our faith is not just a set of beliefs, but a relationship with God. The verses listed in this article offer a roadmap for deepening that relationship and growing in our faith. By building ourselves up in the Holy Spirit, asking in faith, and seeking guidance, we can overcome our doubts and find peace in our relationship with God.
In the end, the Bible reminds us that faith is a journey and that questioning and doubting are natural parts of that journey. These verses offer comfort, guidance, and encouragement for those who may be struggling with their faith, and provide a roadmap for how to deepen our relationship with God. No matter where we are on our faith journey, these verses serve as a reminder that God is always there, guiding us toward a deeper understanding of His love and grace.
Share With Your Friends
Get more insights from your Bible study with Logos Bible Software
Get Special Deals On Christian Books With ChurchSource
Search For Christian Books On This Topic On Amazon
Viral Believer has been translated from English into 15 of the world's major languages. Learn More