The Bible is a source of comfort and guidance for many people, and it contains numerous verses that speak to the importance of living in peace with others. From the Old Testament to the New Testament, the Bible emphasizes the value of harmony and unity among people. These verses serve as a reminder that we should strive to maintain peaceful relationships with others, even in the midst of conflict.
One of the most well-known verses on this topic is Matthew 5:9, which states, “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.” This verse reminds us that promoting peace is not only a noble pursuit but it is also a way to show our devotion to God. When we make an effort to resolve conflicts and promote harmony, we are following in the footsteps of Jesus and living out the values of the Bible.
Other verses on this list encourage us to pursue peace, turn away from evil, love our enemies, and seek unity with others. These verses remind us that we have the power to choose peace in our relationships, even when it is difficult. By living in peace with others, we can strengthen our relationships and create a better world for all.
Viral Believer is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
Bible Verses About Peace With Others
Bible verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) about peace with others:
- “If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.” – Romans 12:18
- “Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.” – Romans 14:19
- “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.” – Colossians 3:15
- “For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation” – Ephesians 2:14
- “And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.” – James 3:18
- “Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.” – 2 Corinthians 13:11
- “Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.” – 1 Peter 3:11
- “Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.” – Matthew 5:9
- “But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.” – Matthew 5:44
- “And if it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:13
In conclusion, these ten Bible verses about peace with others highlight the importance of living in harmony and unity with our fellow human beings. These verses offer guidance on how we can live peacefully, reminding us to pursue peace, turn away from evil, love our enemies, and seek unity with others. These teachings are particularly relevant in today’s world, where conflict and division seem all too common.
As we strive to live in peace with others, we can draw strength from these verses and the examples of peacemakers throughout history. We can look to the life and teachings of Jesus, who embodied the values of love, forgiveness, and compassion. And we can work to create a world where peace and unity are valued above all else.
Ultimately, the Bible’s teachings on peace with others remind us that we are all connected and that our actions can have a profound impact on those around us. By living in peace with others, we can create a better world for ourselves and future generations.
Share With Your Friends
Get more insights from your Bible study with Logos Bible Software
Get Special Deals On Christian Books With ChurchSource
Search For Christian Books On This Topic On Amazon
Viral Believer has been translated from English into 15 of the world's major languages. Learn More