Jesus Christ is the central figure of Christianity, and his life and teachings have been recorded in the Bible. As the Son of God, Jesus played a crucial role in reconciling humanity with God and demonstrated the ultimate act of love by dying on the cross for our sins. While on earth, Jesus frequently prayed to the Father, and many of his prayers were recorded in the Bible.
In addition to praying for himself and his disciples, Jesus also prayed for all believers, present and future. These prayers reveal Jesus’ heart for his people and offer comfort, encouragement, and guidance to those who follow him. They also provide a glimpse into the deep relationship between Jesus and the Father and the importance of prayer in the life of a Christian.
This list features ten Bible verses about Jesus praying for us, all taken from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible. These verses highlight Jesus’ role as our intercessor and advocate and remind us of his unwavering love and concern for his followers. As we read and meditate on these verses, we can be reassured that Jesus is actively praying for us, and we can turn to him in prayer as well, knowing that he understands our weaknesses and is always there to help us.
Bible verses About Jesus Praying For Us
- John 17:9 – “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.”
- Romans 8:34 – “Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.”
- Hebrews 7:25 – “Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.”
- Colossians 1:3-4 – “We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints.”
- Hebrews 4:15-16 – “For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
- John 14:16 – “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—”
- John 15:26 – “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.”
- Ephesians 1:16-17 – “do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,”
- 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 – “Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.”
- 1 John 2:1 – “My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.”
In conclusion, the Bible offers many examples of Jesus praying for his followers and interceding on their behalf. These prayers show Jesus’ deep love and concern for his people and his desire to see them grow in faith and righteousness. As we read and meditate on these verses, we are reminded that Jesus is always interceding for us, and we can approach God with confidence, knowing that we have an advocate in Jesus.
Furthermore, the verses on this list also demonstrate the importance of prayer in the life of a Christian. Jesus himself was a model of prayer, and he taught his disciples to pray and seek God’s will. As we follow Jesus’ example, we can experience the power of prayer and the closeness of our relationship with God.
Finally, these verses give us hope and encouragement, knowing that we are never alone in our struggles. Jesus is always with us, praying for us and guiding us, and he will never abandon us. As we put our faith in Jesus and seek to live according to his will, we can be assured of his love and presence in our lives, now and forever.