Marriage is a beautiful union between two people that is founded on love, trust, and commitment. It is a lifelong partnership that requires effort and dedication from both partners to make it work. Faith plays a significant role in any successful marriage, as it provides a strong foundation for the couple to rely on and helps them navigate through the challenges that come with the journey of life together.
The Bible has a lot to say about faith in marriage, and it offers valuable advice and guidance for couples on how to build and maintain a strong and healthy relationship. These verses offer wisdom and insight into the nature of love and commitment, and they encourage couples to put their faith in God as they navigate through the ups and downs of life together. Whether it’s about love and respect, sacrifice and service, or simply the importance of being there for one another, these verses provide a roadmap for building a successful and fulfilling marriage.
In this list, we have compiled 10 of the most inspiring and uplifting Bible verses about faith in marriage. These verses are taken from different books of the Bible and offer a comprehensive view of the role that faith plays in marriage. Whether you are just starting your journey together or have been married for many years, these verses are a valuable resource that can help you build and strengthen your relationship, and deepen your faith and trust in one another.
Bible Verses About Faith In Marriage
Here is a list of 10 Bible verses about faith in marriage from the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible:
- Proverbs 31:10-12 – “Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life.”
- Ephesians 5:22-33 – “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.”
- Colossians 3:18-19 – “Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.”
- 1 Peter 3:7 – “Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.”
- Proverbs 19:14 – “House and wealth are an inheritance from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.”
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 – “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
- 1 Corinthians 7:3-5 – “Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.”
- 1 John 4:7-8 – “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.”
- Matthew 19:5-6 – “And Jesus answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
- Hebrews 13:4 – “Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.”
In conclusion, these Bible verses about faith in marriage offer valuable guidance and inspiration for couples who are seeking to build a strong and lasting relationship. They emphasize the importance of love, trust, and commitment, and they encourage couples to put their faith in God as they navigate through life’s challenges together. By following the advice and wisdom contained in these verses, couples can strengthen their relationship and create a foundation for a lifelong partnership that is based on faith, love, and mutual respect.
Reading these verses and incorporating their teachings into your daily life can have a profound impact on your relationship. They can help you build a strong foundation of trust and respect, and they can encourage you to make sacrifices and serve one another with love and compassion. Additionally, they can help you to deepen your faith in God and understand the importance of relying on Him in all aspects of your life, including your marriage.
In the end, faith in God and faith in each other is the key to a successful and fulfilling marriage. By following the teachings of the Bible, couples can strengthen their relationship, overcome challenges, and build a love that endures. These 10 Bible verses about faith in marriage are a valuable resource for any couple seeking to build a relationship that is based on faith, love, and mutual respect, and they offer a roadmap for a life journey filled with joy, happiness, and lasting love.