Angels are celestial beings that are mentioned extensively in the Bible, with many different roles and responsibilities. One of the most significant roles that angels play in the Bible is that of worshipers of God. The Bible describes angels as constantly worshiping God, praising Him for His holiness, power, and glory. Many passages in the Bible depict the angels as being in a state of perpetual worship and adoration of God.
The New King James Version of the Bible contains numerous references to angels worshiping God, both in the Old and New Testaments. These verses give us a glimpse into the nature of angels and their relationship with God. They also serve as a reminder of the importance of worshiping God and giving Him the praise and honor that He deserves.
In this list, we have compiled ten Bible verses from the NKJV that specifically reference angels worshiping God. These verses serve as a powerful testimony to the majesty and glory of God, as well as a reminder of the vital role that angels play in the worship of God.
Bible Verses About Angels Worshiping God
10 Bible verses about angels worshiping God from the New King James Version:
- Psalm 148:2 – “Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His hosts!”
- Isaiah 6:3 – “And one cried to another and said: ‘Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!'”
- Hebrews 1:6 – “But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: ‘Let all the angels of God worship Him.'”
- Revelation 5:11-12 – “Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice: ‘Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!'”
- Nehemiah 9:6 – “You alone are the LORD; You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, And You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You.”
- Revelation 7:11-12 – “All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying: ‘Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, Thanksgiving and honor and power and might, Be to our God forever and ever. Amen.'”
- Psalm 103:20-21 – “Bless the LORD, you His angels, Who excel in strength, who do His word, Heeding the voice of His word. Bless the LORD, all you His hosts, You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.”
- Revelation 19:1 – “After these things I heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, ‘Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to the Lord our God!'”
- Psalm 148:1-2 – “Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights! Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His hosts!”
- Revelation 22:8-9 – “Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things. Then he said to me, ‘See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.'”
In conclusion, the Bible contains numerous references to angels worshiping God, which highlights their essential role in the worship of God. These verses remind us of the importance of worshiping God and giving Him the praise and honor that He deserves. As believers, we should strive to emulate the angels and continually worship God with reverence and adoration.
Moreover, these verses also remind us of the incredible power and glory of God. When we see the angels worshiping Him, we are reminded of His holiness, majesty, and sovereignty. It is through worshiping God that we can gain a greater understanding of who He is and deepen our relationship with Him.
Finally, these verses are a testament to the unending worship that will take place in heaven. In Revelation, we see the angels and all of creation worshiping God in unison. This is a beautiful picture of the eternal worship that we will experience in heaven, where we will join the angels and all of creation in giving God the praise and honor that He deserves.