Angels are supernatural beings that are often mentioned in the Bible as messengers of God, protectors of humanity, and warriors in spiritual battles. They are depicted as powerful beings that are capable of fighting for God’s people against their enemies. The Bible describes numerous instances where angels intervened in human affairs and fought for the sake of God’s people. This list presents ten such Bible verses that describe angels fighting for us.
In these verses, we see that angels are not mere spectators in the spiritual realm but are actively involved in the battles that rage between good and evil. They fight against the forces of darkness, protecting and defending God’s people. Angels are also described as messengers of God, delivering important messages and revelations to people.
It’s important to note that while angels are powerful beings, they are not to be worshipped or prayed to. Rather, they are servants of God who carry out His will. As Christians, we are called to put our faith in God and trust that He will send His angels to fight for us when we need them most. These Bible verses serve as a reminder of God’s power and the protection that He provides to those who put their trust in Him.
Bible Verses About Angels Fighting For Us
- Psalm 34:7 – “The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them.”
- Psalm 91:11-12 – “For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.”
- 2 Kings 6:16-17 – “So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” And Elisha prayed, and said, “Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.”
- Exodus 14:19 – “And the Angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud went from before them and stood behind them.”
- Joshua 5:13-14 – “And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?” So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, “What does my Lord say to His servant?”
- 2 Chronicles 32:21 – “Then the Lord sent an angel who cut down every mighty man of valor, leader, and captain in the camp of the king of Assyria. So he returned shamefaced to his own land. And when he had gone into the temple of his god, some of his own offspring struck him down with the sword there.”
- Isaiah 37:36 – “Then the angel of the Lord went out, and killed in the camp of the Assyrians one hundred and eighty-five thousand; and when people arose early in the morning, there were the corpses—all dead.”
- Acts 5:19-20 – “But at night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out, and said, “Go, stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life.””
- Acts 12:7-8 – “Now behold, an angel of the Lord stood by him, and a light shone in the prison; and he struck Peter on the side and raised him up, saying, “Arise quickly!” And his chains fell off his hands.”
- Revelation 12:7 – “And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,”
In conclusion, the Bible is full of stories that depict angels fighting for God’s people. These verses provide a glimpse into the powerful and supernatural realm of angels and their role in spiritual battles. As believers, we can take comfort in the knowledge that God’s angels are on our side and are fighting for us, even when we may not see or feel it.
Furthermore, these verses remind us of the importance of putting our faith in God and trusting in His plan for our lives. We can be assured that no matter what battles we face, whether physical or spiritual, God’s angels are there to protect us and fight on our behalf. We must always remember that we are not alone in our struggles and that God’s angels are there to strengthen us in times of need.
Ultimately, these Bible verses serve as a testament to God’s power and His love for His people. We can take comfort in knowing that God’s angels are fighting for us and that we can place our trust in Him to deliver us from our troubles. As we face the challenges of life, let us draw strength from the knowledge that God’s angels are with us and that with God, all things are possible.